Chapter 23-

Chapter 23-

“W-what do you mean?” I stutter out.  It’s taking me everything I have not to break down until I know for sure what he is saying.

“Ellie, I can’t be with you anymore,” he says quietly.  It sounds like this is hard for him, but if it’s so hard then why do it?  Then why hurt both of us?

“W-why not?” I ask this time a tear slipping down my face.  This day sucks.  It just keeps getting worse, I’d take a thousand beatings over losing Niall.

“I can’t do it anymore El!  That’s all you need to know…” he says leaning back in his chair closing his eyes.

“Niall, look at me!  If you’re going to do this have the decency to look me in the eye!” I cry out.  How can this be happening?  He won’t even give me a straightforward reason why he’s doing this.  He sits up, but still doesn’t look me in the eye.  He gets up out of his chair and starts heading towards the door.

“I’m leaving… Um, get better soon,” I hear his voice crack at the end.  I can’t let him leave me… He just can’t do this to me.

“Niall stop!  I love you!” I scream out before I can even stop it leaving my lips.  At least he knows now…  Niall stops dead in his tracks freezing in place.

“No,” he mumbles.

“No what?” I ask him tears pouring down my face.

“No, you don’t!  I don’t deserve that, and don’t pretend I do,” he says keeping his back to me and with that he leaves the room.   He leaves me sobbing.  He leaves what we had.  He leaves everything that ever meant anything to me.  He left us.

“No!” I scream sobbing, even though no one is in here.  This can’t be true.  Why would he do this to me?

“He doesn’t love me,” I mumble to myself.  I feel myself getting more and more tired.  I guess if I can’t have Niall what’s the point of being awake.  Ever.

Zayn’s POV

“You think she’ll wake up soon?” I ask the boys worried.  She’s only been sleep for a few hours, but each second feels like a month has gone by.  How could we have left her alone in there?  Now one of my best friends is injured to the point where if she was hit one more time in the ribs, she would of died.

When we first got here she was wheezing having a hard time getting any air in.  The nurse said that its normal when someone gets in injury to the ribs that it would hurt to breathe.  They told us only two people could be in there with her so naturally we assumed her mom and step dad would go in, but then her mom saw the look on Niall’s face and insisted he went in there with her.

It’s probably a good thing; she’s going to want to see him first.  I just hope she wakes up soon.  They can’t really do anything for her ribs so they just wrapped them and she has to be very careful.

“She should, I hope at least,” Liam answers me.  I nod acknowledging his answers.

“Hey guys where is Caleb?” Ellie’s mom asks walking into the room.

“Over there with John getting some food,” Harry says pointing the way.

“Is Ellie awake?” Emily asks jumping up.  She has hardly talked at all, not even to Harry.  She’s beating herself up because she wasn’t there for Ellie, but aren’t we all?

“Yeah, Niall is with her now,” she nods and Emily immediately starts walking over to the doors, but Nicole stops her.

“Let Niall be with her now,” she tells her and Emily nods slightly sitting down next to Harry.  He wraps an arm around her comfortably and kisses her temple.  They really shouldn’t be doing that in public, people don’t know about them, but I don’t think anyone followed us to the hospital.  People are out front making sure none of the fans or paps get through.