Chapter Four

"Why did you stay behind?" Haytham asked Cassandra as he put away his journal. Looking at her in the castaways Samuel gave her, he was surprised none of the crew went after her.

            "He... He asked me why you said 'not so innocent now' and I told him that I did fight." 

            "And...?" He looked at her before standing up, "He didn't threaten you of anything?"

            "I lied to him that Graves had tried to advance on me." Cassandra stretched while sitting down on his bed, ""What's happening now?" she began to swing her legs in waiting.

            "You are staying in your cabin. I am going to do some snooping around." when he walked out, she took her opportunity to take a look at his journal and saw he was writing to Jenny. The latest entry had her questioning about what she was doing.

            Jenny,

                        I know its been over 19 years since Emily Price was kidnapped. Never understood why she was. Could it be because she, herself on top of it, was an Assassin? I never fully understood who would kidnap a seven year old girl. Maybe I will never know.

                                                                                                            Haytham

            "He... he thinks I am an... an Assassin?" quickly, she closed the journal and placed it back where she found it and walked out of his cabin. Hearing something about a mutiny on the ship, she was curious to know who would cause it.

            What had her really confused is what Mills told her earlier that day. Nothing is true, everything is permitted. What the hell did that mean?!

 OoO

            "Quite the blasting you gave Graves and Quill." he heard Mills commented.

            "Well, it wasn't by choice."

            "Aye. Blockheads the both of 'em. Where are my manners, Louis Mills. Please to meet you." he held out his hand and waited for Haytham to shake it.

            "Haytham Kenway. Also, what did you whisper to my.. my fiance?" he shook Louis's hand and backed away a bit.

            "Nothing too... devilish, I was only commenting her on her moves and asked how she learned to fight. No answer though, but as I have said, she must've fought more than men for her skills surpass even my own, maybe her skills are almost as honed as yours."

            "It was beginner's luck, nothing more. I know she has never fought a man in her life." I do not know that, as Mills had said, she must have fought many men because of the beating she gave to Graves, he thought while thinking of his next tactic.

            "Never judge a book by the cover, Haytham. Because a rose may be beautiful, but not when the thorns hurt you. I will remember that instead of getting it beaten into me." Mills chuckled. "But she is a real beauty. Who is she?"

            Haytham paused before answering, "She is Emily Price, and I am to be her husband when she is brought back home to her father." Sly move, but whatever. She has to be Emily, everything about her personality and her demeanor screams 'princess' from when we were kids. Yet, she may also be who she says she is, I have to be careful of what I say.