Chapter One

1735

            “Come, mama,” the little girl, around the age of seven with blonde hair and blue eyes pulled at the older woman's hand.

            “Emily, slow down, we are still early.” Mrs. Price took the girl into her arms and began to carry her. “Why are you so excited to be going here?”

            “King George said I was fit to be a princess. Mama, I wish to be a princess.” Emily sighed in a dream state before looking over to the four people in front of her and her mother, “Mister Kenway?” she asked in confusion. Turning around, he looked at Emily and her mother before giving a warm smile, “AH, little Emily and Mrs. Price, what brings you two to court?”

            “Emily practically dragged me out the door today with this notion of meeting King George and ask him to teach her to be a princess. I think it's a load of rubbish, but I have to let the girl dream.”

            “You cannot become a princess,” the boy glared at the girl, “You have to be born one to become one.” Once Mrs. Price put down Emily, she ran over to the boy and hit him, “I can too become a princess. I have the air and grace of one, Hankie.”

            Looking to Edward and Mrs. Kenway, Mrs. Price shook her head, “A princess is not allowed to hit a boy for having a different view from her.”

            Edward laughed before patting Mrs. Price's shoulder, “Let her vent, Nora. This will teach Haytham to keep his views to himself. Jennifer, I believe Birch is here as well.” Emily looked over at the man who walked towards them and when in reach, he kissed Jen in front of her father, “Sorry if I was being too forward, Mr. Kenway. It was hard not to run over to kiss Jenny.” Then looking at Haytham and Emily, he shook his head, “Those two fighting again?”

            Mrs. Price shrugged, “More like fooling around. Emily, we have to go. Mr. Kenway, Tessa, would you bring the children over later to join Emily and I for supper? Birch, you may join us as well.”

        "I would be delighted to join you and little Emily for the evening meal." Birch smiled at Mrs. Price and held Jenny's hand. "Edward, hope you don't mind if I decide to take Jenny over here for a bit, do you?

            “Will do, we will be there, Reginauld, go right on ahead, but keep in my line of sight.” Edward smiled before watching Emily drag her mother again towards the palace and Birch over to the fountain with Jenny. “I still can't believe Robert hasn't come back, I am a little worried.”

            “Edward, my love, Robert will come back for Nora and his daughter. You may have worked together, but he is stronger than he looks.” Tessa smiled before looking at her youngest child. Then moving the blue material of her 'in fashion' dress, she took Haytham's small hand and began leading him towards their victorian home.

 OoO

            “Mrs. Price, in all due respect, I cannot take in Emily as a princess. She has no royal blood in her,” the King whispered as Emily took to showing all that she is princess material. In his robes, he still had the body of a young man, though the years of being King of England was wearing off on him. 

            “I know, your Highness, but she cant seem to stop thinking about becoming one. Even our neighbors have told her about it, but she will not heed to it.” Mrs. Price sighed and kept looking at her daughter.

            “Stubborn?”

            “From her father, your Highness.”

            Going into his thoughts, the King kept it into careful consideration about taking in Miss Emily Price as a potential princess. When he looked at his advisor about it, he nodded, “I think it maybe wise to take in the child, my leige, and teach her-”

            “Give her a few more days to change her mind, I cannot lose my daughter yet.” Mrs. Price kneeled on her knees and looked onto the ground.

            “That I will, and it will give me more time to see if taking in your daughter into my care.” he dismissed her while taking her child with her. “Come, Emily. We must head home, just in case your dad comes.”

            “Daddy!” she cried out and began running from the hall.

            “My liege? What are you thinking about?”

            “I am thinking of which I would take in the child as a princess. She has the spirit, but-”

            “Are you taking in the little brat?” his daughter, Caroline came out and looked at him. “I don't want that insolent as a roommate.”

            He shook his head, “I am going to send her somewhere else, but only if she decides to want to become a princess.”

 OoO

            Haytham sat in his room as he looked at a letter he found from Robert Price to his father. What he did not understand was that of the symbol on it. 

            Edward,

                        I know that I have not come back to my wife and child, but I cannot. Birch is a Templar and is hunting all of us. I will have a letter for my daughter for when she is ready and I hope you talk to Haytham about us. He will soon be ready to join us. Remember, my brother, “Nothing is true, everything's permitted”.

                                                                                                                        Robert Price           

            “Haytham? Are you ready, boy?” Edward's voice rang on the other side of the door as the boy quickly panicked to put the letter away. “Yes, Dad,” he called and walked out of the room and followed his family out of the house. “Do we have to go to the Price's home? I don't like Emily.”

            “She is only being a brat. Nothing you can do about it, and you are just the same too, Haytham.” he said and knocked on the door. The person who came out wasn't Nora, but their hysteric maid, “Master Kenway, come quick, Miss Emily is stolen. Miss Nora is dead.” Edward raced in and saw Nora on the ground, just barely any life in her, “Edward... protect... Emily....” before she closed her eyes for good. Letter in hand, he read it:

           Nora:

                        Take care of our daughter, she is one of the last of our lineage and I do not wish to have it be our only duty to keep us going. Edward should help you get to Emily if someone has kidnapped her. I love you, Nora.

                                                                                                            Robert.

            “Tessa, take the children back to the house. I need to know who has taken Emily.” Haytham looked at his father before asking, "Why do you have to look for her? She's gone for good," then got a good slap on the head from his mother, "She's only a child, Haytham. If you don't like her, you cannot make others hate her as well."

        "Well said, love, but go, please?" Edward took Tessa quickly to kiss her and she went on her way with both Jenny and Haytham.

        "By God, Nora, we will find Emily. This I swear on myself, Haytham and Jenny." He picked her up and placed her in her room before covering her body with the blanket to let others know that Nora Price has passed from this world.