Chapter Eight

A.N: Okay, we are partway through the story, unless I follow into the later part of Assassin's Creed 3 with Connor and Achilles. And I want to put a quick poll, (can comment on what you want) about having Emily turn into a Templar or just give up her life as an Assassin to live a proper life for a woman. Without further adieu, here's Chapter Eight.

It had been a week since Shay was initiated into the Templar order while Emily just camped out in his room, trying to stay away from Haytham. She knew that sooner or later, she would be facing Haytham again. When, she had hopes wouldn't come too soon. That was soon to end her hiding.

"Em," Shay came into his room and sat down on the bed, "Kenway wants to see you."

"What for?" she asked, crossing her arms. "And don't tell me you-"

"-don't know." he smirked and then ruffled her hair a bit, finding a gray in it. "You need children, Emily, and I will promise that I will stay alive long enough to see you have a healthy boy." Emily shook her head and sighed, "If anything, he's found someone else."

"I don't know about that, sister, but you better go check it out." Emily stood, a pink dress of the same style as her blue one with a bit of a low collar, yet was decent enough that she walked out of the room and towards the hall where she saw Haytham after years of being away and living with the Assassins, who in turned began to show their own recklessness that they had blamed the Templars for. He sat in a chair and was deep in thought as he began to write in his diary again. She walked over and seeing a name, she asked, "Who's Ziio?"

"What?" he quickly covered his diary quickly as he turned to face her, "She's no one-"

"She, I knew it." Emily looked at him, his face red with embarrassment. Emily crossed her arms, "Well?"

"I don't know how she is." He sighed and Emily took a look at him and took the seat across from him, "You didn't... sleep with her, did you?" His silence made her own suspicions validated. "You must've cared for her then." She stood to leave when her hand got caught lightly by him, "Em, I haven't seen her in years and don't know if she is alright or not." He stood and she watched him. Once in front of the fire, Haytham turned back to her, "I wish to marry you, Emily. Knowing your guardian outside the door is hoping for you to marry, I promise to protect you."

"But you wish for me to swear to the Templar cause." she read his mind, and when his brow furrowed, she sighed, "Haytham, I still follow the teachings of the Assassins, but I wasn't going to allow Shay to live in hiding, or even moving to another city because of Achilles. I made a choice to leave Achilles' teachings as he was being led by another light, which was to destroy the Templars before you could attack the Assassins. I will not stand by-"

"Emily, stop." he said, and once she quieted, he whispered, "I am not asking you to join right now. When you feel it is time, I will accept you then, and only then will I ask you to fulfill your oaths when you join the Templar order." He walked over and kissed her lightly on the lips. Emily sighed a bit before pulling away from him, sighing a bit, "Johnson asked me to join him as he is going to a few native villages and I said I would. Give me time to think my thoughts through before giving you an answer." He nodded and left Emily to leave the room, and towards her horse, Johnson waiting with Hickey and above all, Lee, and she grumbled a bit under her breath, "Why does Lee have to join us?"

"He's second in command, Price, and better with getting answers from certain people." Johnson replied and they began their pace out of Boston at a trot, then worked to a canter once outside the city limits. The brisk cool air signaled for autumn as they rode through, knowing that the first village is on a sacred ceremonial grounds for the Mohawk people, and she only hoped they didn't anger the people from the other villages. 

"There's one right there," Hickey called and Emily stared into the distance, then seeing a child run into a pile of leaves, she nearly paled when she realized they were going to interrogate a child. "Don't you dare hurt that child," she called and sent her horse running towards the child's location, and once dismounting, she heard Lee threatening the child, and she had enough of him, "You bloody bastard, Lee. Hurting and threatening a child, you must be ashamed of yourself."

Once the child was out cold, Lee glared at Emily and then called to William, "Why did you HAVE to bring her with us?"

"Would you rather have Haytham whipping you for leaving behind a woman he is hoping to bring into the order because you are not impressed that she may end up taking your place as second in command?" Johnson grunted to Charles Lee and then nodded to Emily, "Make sure the child is taken care of and we will see you back at the Inn." then the men left. 

Emily stood there as the child laid there, and then deciding to get her sleeping mat, placed it over his body in case he was out here til nightfall. "I'm sorry for what they have done." she whispered, only hoping that the boy will not try anything foolish when he was a little more grown. Smelling smoke, she paled even more and then began to run towards the village where a few longhouses were on fire, and she ran, "What happened?"

"Your people did this to us," she quickly translated from one man and she ran towards one house, knowing someone was inside.

"Who did this to you?" Standing beside a beaten woman, the woman sighed, "British soldiers." Seeing the woman's face, Emily asked, "What's your name?"

"I am Ziio to your people." Ziio was the name of the woman Haytham mentioned in the room earlier that day and Emily would feel horrible to tell Haytham that the one woman he had probably loved was now dying from wounds and soon to be collapsed home. "Take care of Ratonhnhake :ton." 

"I promise to look out for him as if he were my own son." Emily held the woman's hand for a little while longer and then was pushed out of the way by the same boy who she had covered in her sleeping mat. Is that- "Ista," it was her son, trying to save her from the beam that had fallen on Ziio not too long before Emily had gotten there. Lee will have a lot of explaining to do after this, she thought and ran out of the building at the same time a man was grabbing Ziio's son and brought him out of the burning longhouse. In the cleaner air, Emily began to cough as she looked frantically for Ziio's child and then found him near a campfire, crying of his lost. 

"Ratonhnhake :ton," Emily quietly said as she approached the boy and seeing him flinched, she felt like her own heart would break in two. "I have promised your mother to take care of you, or what I can do to keep you from being alone on your own."

"My mother wouldn't have asked you-"

"I know." she sighed and sat down, "But I must head back to Boston, I will come whenever I can to help you." Emily hugged him and promised to torture Lee for all his wrongdoings. 

"Will you be gone long?" he asked, and Emily gave him a small, private smile, "I will be gone long enough to have my brother know where I am, or you may visit me by leave of your elders, which by then my brother will come bring you." she hugged him and whispered, "I promise to take care of you."

"I believe you will keep your promise." he answered and she stood up and walked away, leaving one of the elders with her location and where he could find her if she didn't come back in two day's time.

A/N: There's the end of this chapter, and you better stay in tune for the next chapter will be full of fights, declarations of love and a threat to end one's life. I hope it's up for you all and let me know if you want her to turn Templar or free-agent (already have one vote for free-agent)!