Chapter 24- At Last

Once I had told Max about everything, I felt calm. Well, as calm as a person could be under these circumstances. I still felt bad that I didn't reciprocate his feelings but at least he didn't murder me or anything. I'd seen too many episodes of CSI and Criminal Minds so my imagination sort of ran wild as to what he may do.

I still wasn't sure how to feel about the fact that he loved me. I mean, could anyone ever really love me? I guess if they really tried. Gosh, I really needed to try being more positive. It effected so many things in my life, and I never realized it until now.

After all, if I was confident I'd have no problem walking up to Jay and telling him I liked him-correction, loved him.

But confident or not, I was gonna tell him. I figured I should text him first and make sure it was okay for me to come over. I didn't wanna show up just to have him tell me it was a bad time.

" Hey jay, I know we haven't spoken in a while. Can I come over?" It wasn't a very long message but it was direct and to the point.

I waited in my car for what felt like hours and hours. He still hadn't responded and that made me ridiculously nervous. I tried to listen to the radio but nothing good was on so I searched my car for my cd case. I finally found it and popped in a mixtape CD I had made a while back.

It was full of punk music basically, a bunch of My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, Simple Plan, Green Day - pretty much any kind of punk band you could think of. But of course the CD consisted of mostly Good Charlotte, my favorite band. I sang along to all the songs and even had an air guitar solo for a while.

I heard my phone go off.

"Of course you can. Should I be worried?? Cause that sounded quite vague and well, scary."

"Okay. Well, that depends on how you look at it I guess."

He didn't text back after that but I went ahead and started the journey to what might be the worst or best moment of my life.

On my way there, one of my favorite songs came on. It actually kinda fit my situation. The longer I sang along to it, the more I realized it.

"Ever since I met you, I never could forget you. I only wanna get you right here next to me."

That was entirely true, for so many reasons. He was an idiot sometimes, but he was truly an unforgettable person. The way he would light up when he realized he made someone smile was truly beautiful. And I just wanted him to be mine.

"cause everybody needs someone that they can trust and, you're somebody that I found just in time."

He truly was one of very few people I trusted with anything. When we met, it really was perfect timing. If I'd never met him, I wouldn't be on my way towards my dream job. I really did owe him a lot.

Cause even though he'd caused a lot of trouble for me, he'd also fixed me.

***

So, here I was.

I'd seen this door so many times. Why was I afraid of it now? Oh, that's right! I was about to tell my best friend that I was practically in love with him. No big deal.

I kept pacing back and forth at his door. I'm honestly surprised he didn't hear me. I kept muttering to myself and sighing deeply.

Fuck it. I was already here and I didn't wanna make this a waste of my time and his. I knocked on the door and started panicking.

Fuck.Fuck.Fuck.

Finally he answered the door. Damn, he looked good. He had a grey beanie that complimented his curls well, along with an old t-shirt and jeans. To which I was kind of confused, he hated dressing up so why was he at home all fancy? Well, fancy for him.