Chapter 2- Crash

The day we met, I was actually on my way to a job interview at a big record company. I was able to get the interview thanks to one of my teachers. The morning of my interview I woke up forty five minutes late and had to rush to get ready. I didn't even stop to eat my usual breakfast of lucky charms and orange juice (don't judge me).

Once I was in my car I rushed all the way downtown and I was probably going way faster than the speed limit but that wasn't too important to me at the time. Finding a parking spot was actually quite difficult seeing as I had never really been to that part of town and the guy running the parking lot was a real pain in my ass.

After about fifteen minutes of driving around the lot, I was able to find a spot and practically sprint towards the building. I never knew I could move that fast to be honest with you. All I could think about was making sure the interview went well. Getting that job would open up so many doors for me and help me work my way up to becoming a recording artist. I was too busy worrying about the next thirty minutes, that I didn't even notice someone in front of me until I had crashed into them.

I fell right on my ass and my purse and all it's contents fell right out. Whoever I ran into started swearing like a sailor and of course I decided to swear back. I eventually got up after putting everything back in my purse and I looked up, ready to let this prick have a piece of my mind, and I was speechless.

He towered over me like a giant and had the curliest, messiest hair I'd ever seen. His eyes were a beautiful sparkling blue. Damn, he was attractive. I probably had a pretty stupid look on my face but I soon remembered that I was nearly ten minutes late for my interview. I quickly apologized and made my way towards the building where the interview was supposed to be.

I tried to keep my focus on making sure this interview went perfectly but all I could think about was that curly giant.

*An hour later*

I don't know why I expected the interview to go well. For starters, I ended up being fifteen minutes late after my collision with that overgrown cherub. I was ridiculously nervous and I couldn't think straight so I spent most of the interview saying "Um" and pausing quite a bit. I left knowing I did terrible and that I probably wasn't getting the job.

The walk back to my car was pretty slow and gloomy. I was starting to feel like a pretty big failure. This job would've done so much for me and I ruined it. Just then I got a text from Jasmine.

"Hey boo! Ana and I wanna take you out for some drinks to celebrate you making that interview your bitch (; text me back soon! Love ya XX"

Great. How was I supposed to break the news to them? So I stopped off at a coffee shop to take some time to relax a bit and hopefully be able to tell my friends about bombing my interview.

I ordered myself an iced coffee and a raspberry scone. I wanted to sit outside but all the tables were taken so I was forced to sit inside on one of the many couches they had. I started eating my scone and my drink was ready shortly after. Since I was by myself I didn't have much to do besides check my phone. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see the guy I ran into earlier.

"Uh, Hello my name is Jay and I just wanted to apologize for earlier. I should've been paying attention to where I was going. I waited to see you so that I could apologize."

He was British. I hadn't realized it earlier but now I was pretty mesmerized. He was instantly ten times more attractive.

"Oh no! it was really my fault. You see, I was running because I was late for my interview and I wasn't paying attention at all. Sorry for calling you a- what was it? Oh, right. A fucking shit head. Erm, I didn't really mean it. Oh um I should probably tell you my name. I'm Sally." I felt like I was rambling but I was genuinely sorry and he was hot so that made me pretty nervous.

"Well, I was a bit of a fucking shit head and I'm honestly very sorry. I would offer to buy you a coffee but I see you've already beat me to it." he chuckled. Oh wow, even his chuckle was attractive. I knew I had to keep him here just a bit longer.

"You could always stay here and keep me company for a bit. I'm by myself so it's pretty boring just sitting here on my phone." I tried to say it flirtatiously but I'm pretty sure I came off as a bimbo.

He just smiled and agreed to keep me company for a while. His smile was so beautiful. I never thought someone could be so interesting. I couldn't put my finger on what it was but something about him was fascinating. I told him a little bit about myself and he actually seemed interested.

I ended up telling him about my interview and he said he knew people at the company and that he could get me another interview. I thanked him about twelve times and I was half tempted to kiss him. Shortly after that I got another text from Jasmine asking where the hell I was and that I better hurry my ass home or else.

So I said goodbye and exchanged numbers with him. He shot me a smile and wished me a good day. I had the most idiotic smile on my face because I couldn't get over how gorgeous his accent was. I wished him the same and started on my way home.

When I arrived home that night I told Ana and Jasmine all about my day but I spent a little more time talking about Jay. I was so fascinated by him and he was all I could think about for the rest of the night. I remember falling asleep replaying our conversation in my head.

"Goodbye then Sally, you have a fantastic night! I'll see you around"

I hoped I would see him around soon.