Chapter 13- Ugh.

It was the day after the open mic night and I was exhausted. I didn't end up getting home until at least 3 am. Mostly because my ride left me, which, normally I wouldn't have really minded but it was just...odd. It seemed like Jay was always leaving me abruptly and I never really got an explanation from him.

He had to like me somewhat, I mean c'mon, he did say I was his best friend. But, if he liked hanging out with me so much, why did he always freaking leave?

I laid in my bed thinking about every explanation I could come up with for him.

Maybe I was just being dramatic. I had a tendency of overthinking things and making them worse. I needed to put it out of my mind.

As if she could hear my thoughts, Jasmine knocked on my door. I knew it was her because she always knocked so timidly.

I rolled over and pulled the covers over myself, trying to make sure I wasn't flashing her or anything.

"Come in!"

She came and sat on the edge of the bed. "Good morning sleepy head, well it's actually twelve thirty, so good afternoon? "

I chuckled. " Good afternoon to you as well. You're not busy today?"

"Nope, I had today off actually. I came in here to wake you up so we could do something, cause I'm bored as hell."

I rubbed my eyes, still trying to wake up a bit. " Okay, sounds good to me. Let me just get ready and then we'll figure it out?"

She nodded in agreement and left the room.

I quickly got up and changed clothes. I normally would have taken a shower but, I was just too lazy for all that activity.

About thirty minutes later , I was dressed and ready to go.

Jasmine was already changed and had been waiting on me for about ten minutes.

"So how does a mani-pedi sound to you? Cause I know I could use one." she asked, staring at her hands and feet.

"Sounds perfect. You're driving though." I winked and threw her the car keys.

She gave me an "are you serious" look and caught the keys mid-air.

" Aw you know I love you Jas." I pouted at her.

"Yeah, yeah I know." she shrugged me off.

***

Ahhh, mani-pedis really are the cure to any problem. Well, at least for a little bit.

I kept tapping my arm chair with my newly manicured fingernails, which I'm sure the manicurist wasn't very happy about.

I was having a lot of fun, don't get me wrong. Spending time with Jasmine was always really enjoyable, it's just... I couldn't stop thinking about last night.

I let out a deep sigh and tried to think about something else.

Jasmine raised an eyebrow at me. "What's wrong?"

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

"Really? We've known each other for a while, I know when something is bothering you. So what is it?" she responded and faced her head towards me.

I looked at her and sighed once again.

"It's Jay... I just- okay, am I being dramatic? Because I feel like I am. I mean, he's not my boyfriend or anything so I don't really have a right to be upset. But I am his best friend and I thi-"

"Whoa slow down. What happened last night?" she looked concerned.

"Nothing crazy, don't worry. He just left me again, like he did last time. Am I doing something wrong? Like seriously, this is starting to get annoying. Cause I feel like I'm doing something to make him wanna leave." I rambled.

"I don't think it's you. Maybe you should just ask him. I know you guys are really close. I'm sure it's just a matter of communication."

Jasmine pretty much always knew what to say.

"Yeah I s'pose I could." I stared down at the floor.

"Don't stress yourself out. It'll work itself out in time ok." she rubbed my arm, you know, just like a mother would after their kid lost a soccer game or something.

I hoped it would be alright, I didn't wanna overstep my boundaries with him. Even though we were really close, he seemed like he was always holding something back. I just didn't wanna piss him off and make him want to strangle me.

I texted him and asked if I could come over. Of course he said yes. So I decided to take Jasmine's advice and talk to him about it.

After all, what's the worst thing that could happen?

************************************

Hola ! holy crap I'm so sorry for making y'all wait this long just for a lame filler chapter.

It's gonna get really good though, I promise (:

I've been super busy lately, thus the reason I haven't updated. I'm really gonna try to be more frequent with my updates cause I'm sure it's super frustrating for you guys.

Thanks for reading and voting <3

Xx