Chapter 15 - Turned Around and Ran

[Stephanie's POV]

I pushed him away.

I stared into his thoughtful and distant eyes.

Then I pulled him back.

I somehow forgot the world but not a few moments later, a voice popped into the scene.

"Steph?" A voice spoke graced with hurt.

And my heart broke, realizing what I have done.

I turned around and saw Drake. He was wearing the most heartbreaking expression I have ever seen. I was somehow lost for words too.

We stared at each other for a few more moments until he looked down on his feet and then back at me. He was smiling and I didn't know why.

Why was he smiling?

"I was looking for you. I tried to reach your phone but it's off. And then... And then I didn't know why or how I got here. I thought I heard voices and then... this."

"Drake, I-"

He held up a hand. I stopped talking. "Don't, Stephanie. I saw everything. I understood when he kissed you... I just don't understand why you... Why did you kiss him back, Steph?"

Again, I was lost. I didn't know what to say. I looked down at my feet. I knew it made me look guilty, which I am, but I deserved it.

Drake doesn't deserve this.

"Drake, I'm sorry-"

"Don't, Steph. I'm really just best friend material to you, aren't I? Why would you even agree to be my girl? Why would you even tell me you like me?" He paused and then sighed. He pointed at the guy behind me, who was mute for the last 30 minutes. "You fucking son of a bitch. You just had to prove a point, didn't you?" He said, his voice laced with bitterness. "Now we all know the truth. As always, the girl falls for the douchebag.,, and the nice guy gets his heart broken, again."

With that, he turned around and left. 

I took a deep breath.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

I felt a hand on my shoulder. It tugged and spun me around. Clark was hugging me. I felt his breath against the side of my ear. "Steph, I'm so sorry."

I pushed him away and I looked at him. His face shows he was hurt. "Just leave me alone for a while, okay?"

I turned around and ran. I didn't know where to, but I ran and ran.

----

[Clark's POV]

I sighed for the nth time today. I ran a hand down my face and then sighed again. I haven't seen Stephanie for the past few days. I haven't seen that pretty boy Drake too.

And I was confused.

Did Steph like me back? Or did she like Drake?

They were boyfriend and girlfriend before I kissed her... So does that mean she likes him?

No, she likes me. She kissed me back.

I sighed again and hit the desk with my fist. The whole class looked at me and I almost turned red. I gulped, trying to look for an excuse. "Uh... there was a bug... It's fine now, though..."

The professor raised his eyebrows but continued teaching nonetheless. I sighed again. Just fucking listen already, Clark!

I tried to listen to my professors, but it was a worthless try. The only thing that was in my head all throughout the day was Stephanie and where was she. I exited my last class for the day and decided to go to the cafe near the school, Bean Me.

I sighed as I waited in line. Three people were ahead of me. The smell of coffee was somehow relaxing and I sighed again. Finally it was my turn. The cashier was a guy who looked gay, but not gay enough. His tag said Aaron.

"What can I get for you today, dear?" Yup, he was gay.

I looked above him and picked their special. "Just bean me up," I said.

"That would be $2.50."

I gave him the exact amount and went to find a seat. I saw one by the window and decided to sit there.

The back of the head in front of me seemed interesting. I stared at it until Aaron gave me my order. "Enjoy." I nodded and sighed.

I took a sip and closed my eyes, savouring the taste. The bitterness matched how I felt. My mind was full of what if's and negativities. I decided to watch the scenery outside.

Kids were playing. Adults were speed-walking. Cars were speeding...

And...

Stephanie and Drake were kissing.

--

A/N

UNEDITED! and SHORT IM SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO GUYS I'M SO SORRY FOR A YEAR AND ALMOST A HALF-LATE UPLOAD! JUST KILL ME, I KNOW. I'M SO FREAKING SORRY. I WILL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE REGULARLY SINCE ANOTHER SEMESTER JUST STARTED... CURSE ME, I KNOW

ANYWAYS, PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. I'M OPEN FOR CRITICISMS AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT RUDE. THANKS GUYS!

I REALLY AM SORRY AGAIN THOuGH... LOVE YOU <3

and new COVER BY @thisdaydream! go check out her works!!11!!!! <3

-missgoodtrip