Chapter 21

I wanted to yell, to scream, but no sound escaped my mouth. I could feel my cheeks burning with anger, yet my eyes were prickling with tears of sadness.

How could he do this to us? What have we ever done to him?!

Yeah, I know what you're thinking; he's angry because Mum killed his wife. But he must know that killing someone completely innocent isn't the way to calm things down! What kind of sick person would do this?! He ought to get some brain cells and reconsider his actions!

~~

Mum let out a little gasp and slowly turned her head to look at me. "George... She might not be dead... Why don't you come here and-"

"It's obvious, isn't it? She's gone. She did nothing wrong... It's all my fault..." I sobbed walking over to Angelina's dead body and crouching down beside her.

"What makes you think it's all your fault?" questioned Dad, a concerned yet upset look on his face. He seemed to be choking back a whole load full of tears aswell.

"If I hadn't invited her to our house all the time, then Rodolphus wouldn't have even known she existed." I replied, a salty tear running down my cheek.

I reached out a trembling hand and stroked Angelina's hair, while I used my other hand to hold hers.

Her face was battered; I barely recognised her behind all the injuries. A large scratch across her eye, blood dripping down a humungous gash on her forehead, and a severe black eye.

I never got the chance to tell her I loved her, and she probably died thinking I didn't care about her. Why didn't we get here sooner? We could've saved her.

It was all too late.

"Why does everything have to go wrong with me? Why does every chance of happiness get destroyed?" I wondered aloud, a sudden rush of anger flowing through me.

"WHY CAN'T I JUST BE HAPPY FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE?!"

I was now yelling. I wanted him to hear. I wanted him to realise how many lives he has crushed in the palm of his hand... All the dreams he has destroyed... All the happy memories he has trampled all over...

Before I could help myself, I was departing myself from Angelina and climbing down the ladder and down the stairs.

I searched in every room for that ugly smug face, that filthy man whom I despised.

At last, I found him, standing in the centre of a deserted hall.

And right next to him stood 3 very familiar faces.

The Malfoys.