49. Dear Jake, I hate you.

Thursday.          

it's been three days since Danny's kissed me and told me he's in love with me.

In that time i've set arrangements for Max's funeral and when i went to it I knew how bad of a person Max was but i was still surprised to see very few people came.

Danny of course was there. He's barely left my side making sure i eat and shower. Making sure i get out of bed. wiping away my tears. he hasn't tried to kiss me again. it's not that i don't want him too i'm just not sure how i feel about him.

I like him. I like him a lot maybe even like like you could say. but it makes me feel guilty dating right after my son died. I should be sad and depressed not going on dates.

Danny takes my hand as he leads me into the house from the funeral.

"We should get you some food."

I nod my head. When i sit at the table while he pulls out supplies to make eggs i put my head in my hands and start to sob.

My black dress clinging to my body. It was probably to revealing for a funeral but i don't wear alot of black and i wasn't going to go out and buy a better dress for my sons funeral i simply didn't have enough energy.

When Danny walks over to hug me I let my body fall into his chest. supporting all of me Danny pulls me out of the chair and I end up in his lap on the floor.

"Eva it's going to be alright."

"How? How is it going to be alright?"

"I'm not sure but i'll be with you every step of the way."

I lean my head against his chest closing my sore eyes. I haven't been able to sleep.

"I'm tired." I mumble. my body officially getting to the max of exhaustion.

Danny picks me up and carries me upstairs. when he lays me down and pulls off my heels he trys to leave. I grab his hand.

"Stay." I say simply.

"Like on the couch?" He says and i can see him swallowing roughly.

I move over. "No like in my bed. with me."

"Are you sure Eva?"

"Yeah. I haven't been able to sleep."

He pulls off his shoes and socks slipping into the bed. I cuddle up to him my body cold. His skin starts hitting up my own.

"Why not?" He whispers.

I could say the obvious of Max but as I lay there cuddled against him and my feeling my body relax for the first time in weeks I know Max isn't the only reason.

"I needed you." I sigh.

He wraps his arms around me. "Is this alright?"

"Perfect." I mumble. I let exhaustion take over and in less then a minute i'm asleep.

Maggies pov

I woke up stretching. When I stretched and rolled over I realized i shouldn't have been able to do that so easily. My eyes open and I look at the spot where Jake should have been. I look at the clock. Ten. It's way to early for Jake to be up. I stand up wrapping the blanket around myself.

I hear the shower running. That's where you went. I open the door without knocking and walk into the bathroom. I silently close the door and drop the blanket. I slip into the shower and wrap my arms around Jake's waist from behind. He jumps like a foot into the air he turns around and sees me.