42. Dear Jake, I hate you.

Saturday.

I wake up with something warm wrapped around my hand and a annoying beeping noise.

I open my eyes to see Jake asleep next to me in an uncomfortable looking chair. I look around the room looking at the white walls and the IVs stuck in my skin that are attached to the monitors surrounding me.

Jake's head is resting on my bed so i place my hand on it and run my fingers through his hair.

Jake quickly lifts his head to look at me and his face spreads into a grin. Unable to contain myself i smile back.

I look at Jake's face and my smile fades. It's covered in bruises and there's stitches over his right eyebrow. His lips are scabby. I follow the bruises down his neck with my eyes and see them vanish beneath his shirt.

"Oh Jake." I whisper tears coming to my eyes. "What did he do to you?"

Jake stands up and then i'm being cradled in his arms. Jake holding me very carefully.

"Oh Maggie. Mags I love you so much. I was so scared."

I bury my face in-between his neck and shoulder taking in his scent.

"Are you alright?" I ask him.

"I'm perfect now that your awake."

I look up at him and slowly trace my hand that doesn't have needles in it across his face touching all his wounds. I trace my finger over his lips and he very carefully kisses me.

When he pulls away he buries his face in my hair. "I was so scared Mag. You lost so much blood."

"How long have i been sleeping for?"

"A little less then twenty four hours." Jake says looking at the clock on the wall.

I nod my head but then I freeze. "The baby?" I whisper.

What if i lost the baby. Tears spring to my eyes.

"Is fine." Jake says kissing random places on my face.

"Wheres my mom and dad? Wheres everyone?"

"I told you mom to go home and I'd call her when you woke up last time I heard your dad and Jenna had brought Andrew home. My parents were here yesterday too but i told them to go home."

"Is Andrew calmer?"

"I don't know I haven't heard from your dad since last night."

I nod my head.

"Mags I have to go get the doctor so he can check you out so I can bring you home."

I nod my head. "Hurry back."

Jake stands up kissing me one last time and leaves me to an empty room.

I lay back on the pillows placing my hands over my stomach protectively.

"I won't let anything happen to you." I whisper.

After another minute Jake comes back in with the doctor right behind him.

The doctor comes in with a clipboard and flips through some papers.

"Well Maggie it's good to see you awake. How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts." I say.

The doctor nods. "You took quit a hit there. You lost a lot of blood but we set you up with an iv and you should be fine now. You'll probably still get headaches for the next couple of days. Other then that your fine you had glass in you face and arm but we got it out and stitched you up."