19. Dear Jake, I hate you.

At 5:56 we went out and lit the candles and brought of the dinner and at 6:00 i went and knocked on Jake's door.

I knocked three times and waited for Jake to open the door. When he did i realized how much i had missed him all day. I was so used to his presence. Sometimes during the day today i had turned expecting to see Jake next to me but instead it was only ever Hannah.

I took Jake in. He smiled putting his hands on my waist. He leaned down and kissed me.

"I missed you." He mumbles pulling away.

"I missed you too." He kisses me again and i'm the one to pull away this time. I take his hand and slowly start to walk backwards then turning pulling him along with me. I take him downstairs and out the back door. It's dark enough now that the candles really do make a difference. I pull him over to the blanket and I had Hannah start the CD player we had put out when i went upstairs. We had taken the time to burn a CD earlier.

Me and Jake sit down on the blanket and i crawl over to him.

"This is a no shoes picnic." I say with a small smile. I pull off his shoes and socks and put them off to the side. I pull off my flats putting them next to his.

"Wow did you do this all by yourself?" He asks as i start pulling the stuff from the basket.

"No i had your mom help me."

"This is amazing."

I smile. "I'm glad you think so."

I pull the saran wrap off the plates of spaghetti and hand one to Jake. I pull out the cookies putting them on the ground next to the salad.

I pull out the sparkling grape pouring some into the glasses. I hand Jake a glass.

"So Jake tell me about yourself."

"What do you mean?" He asks forking spaghetti into his mouth.

I twirl my fork into my spaghetti. "You want me to love you and i mean i know you but really i don't know you at the same time i don't really know anything about you."

Jake nods as he tries to keep the spaghetti from falling out of his mouth. He chews in thought and then swallows. I start to cut one of my meatballs so i can eat it.

"Well what kind of stuff do you want to know?"

"Favorite color, favorite movie, favorite band. stuff like that."

I take a bite of meatball.

"Well my favorite color is red favorite band is Ok Go and my favorite movie is Transformers."

"Ok Go?"

"Ya you know i'm sure you've seen the music video with the guys on the treadmills doing really cool stuff."

I give him a questioning look.

"You know 'Oh, here it goes again.

I should have known,

should have known,

should have known again,

but here it goes again.

Oh, here it goes again.' " Jake attempts to sing. I laugh his voice is terrible.

(Ok Go, Here it goes again.)

"Oh right ya i think i've heard that song."I say between giggles.

"Alright i don't have the best voice ok Mags. Whats your favorite color band and movie."

"My favorite color is a tie between pink and purple my favorite band..." I think about this. "Well it's not really a band but my favorite singer is Madonna."

Jake laughs. "Madonna?"

"Yes." I say defensively.

He rolls his eyes. "Alright whats your favorite movie."

"The Notebook."

Jake laughs again and i pout. "What?"

"Mags you are the biggest girl i've ever met."

"I am a girl Jake so i figure i would act like one."

Jake just shakes his head taking a bite out of a meatball.

Ready to change the subject i ask more questions. "Favorite song?"

"Uprising by Muse. What about you?"

"Drops of Jupiter by Train."

"Never heard of it Mags."

"You will it's on this CD."

Jake laughs. "Of course."

We finish are spaghetti and i put the plates back into the basket.

"You still hungry we still have a salad and cookies."

"No i'm full we'll save the cookies for later but you can get rid of the salad."

I laugh. "What an unhealthy eater."

He smiles. "I work out enough that it's not a problem."

I roll my eyes but i'm still smiling.

I put the salad back into the basket. Jake picks up his glass and raises it in a toast.

"A toast Mags to me and you."

I clink my glass against his and we both drink. pushing the basket aside there's a lot more room on the blanket I stretch my legs out in front of me and they end up next to Jake. He slides one hand up it and rests it on my thigh.

Jake looks up at me and stands up.

"What are you doing?" I say confused. He leans a hand down.

"Asking you to dance."

"Now? Here?"

"Yeah." He says i take his hand and he pulls me up pulling me close to him. He takes one hand in his and the other on his shoulder. Then he puts his other hand on my waist.

"Jake i don't know how to dance like this." I whisper.

"Me either." He says and he starts to spin me in a very slow circle. I rest my head on his shoulder and for a long time neither of us talk the only thing you can hear is the crickets and the music.

Stars shining bright above you

Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"

Birds singing in the sycamore tree

Dream a little dream of me

Say "Night-ie night" and kiss me

Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me

While I'm alone and blue as can be

Dream a little dream of me

Stars fading but I linger on, dear

Still craving your kiss

I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear

Just saying this

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you

Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you

But in your dreams whatever they be

Dream a little dream of me

"Maggie?" Jake whispers.

I sigh. "Mmhhmm."

"I wanna tell you something." I pick up my head to look at him and he leans down pressing his lips to mine. The kiss is slow and sweet and i think i already know what he's going to say by the kiss. He pulls away and keeping his lips barely a centimeter away from mine as he whispers.