Chapter 4

I sit down on the bike and wrap my arms around his waist like before. He backs the bike out of the parking lot and then starts it. The guys follow suit and again we are on the road. As we cruise through this hole-in-the-wall-town we search for a gas station and moments later we are pulling into one. I climb off the bike and head into the store while the bikes are being fueled. I head straight to the bathroom and once inside I lock the door. I walk over to the sink and lean on it while peering down into the porcelain bowl.

I still can't believe that I did this. I ran away from Damien and my abusive life, only to break down in an unknown town and to be met by 5 strangers who agreed to help me out. Not to mention, they happen to be a motorcycle gang. I hadn't noticed at first, but being on the back of a bike for a day, I got a good look at Harry's leather vest. Numerous patches and pins had been fastened and sewed into it, but the one in the center of his back was the most noticeable. All the other boys had the same vests with all the same patches and pins, too. Huge black wings were on both sides of the name, creating a set of parentheses around it. A gold banner sat at the bottom with black letters that said 'TRF', which stood for 'The Rebel Federation' and a British flag was centered in the middle. I figured they were from across the pond from the first time they spoke, all their accents being strong and thick.

I snap myself back into reality and turn the faucet on full blast. I cup my hands beneath it and splash some cold water on my face to keep me alert. My first day on the road had left me gritty and when we stopped for the night I hoped I could get a shower. As my blue eyes stare back at me, I see a different person. It's crazy just how much difference one day can make you feel. I quickly do my business, wash my hands and decide to throw my hair into a braid until we get to wherever we're going. As I secure the tie around my hair a knock at the door makes me jump.

"Hurry up, Blondie. We're ready to go." I hear Harry say. I pull the door open and he leans up off the doorframe. "I'm ready."

We get back on the road again and go another few miles before Zayn waves for the rest of us to get off the road. We pull into the parking lot of a motel and park the bikes.

"Alright, let's get 3 rooms this time. Zayn and Liam, Louis and Niall, and she and I will get double. All in?" He asks.

The boys all shrug and answer in unison. "All in." I just nod and grab my stuff before heading into the front office. The pudgy man behind the desk looks like he has better things to do, and he's dirty as hell. This place is pretty rundown and tacky, it's a wonder they get service at all.

"Hey, mate. We need 3 rooms, one double." Harry says. The guy takes his feet off the desk in front of him and tears his eyes away from the television to stare at us.

"Alright, that will be $30. Room numbers are 28, 29, and 30 is double." He hands out sets of keys, but his eyes stop at me and he rakes his eyes up and down my body.

It makes me shiver and extremely uncomfortable. Harry slides the money over, but when his gaze catches that of the man behind the counter, his stare turns into a glare.

"Come on, babe," Harry says, clearly addressing me. I can't stop looking at the disgusting man, who still hasn't looked away from me. Rolling his eyes, Harry walks over and drops his arm around my shoulders and pulls me out of the office and down to our room.

"Catch you guys in the A.M." Harry dismisses the boys. They shout their own farewells, and I follow Harry into our room.

"I don't care which bed you take. And you can take your shower whenever. I usually take one before bed." He flops down on his back on one of the beds and closes his eyes for a second. I set my bag on the other bed and sit down on it. It isn't long when I hear light snores coming from his body. I figured I'd let him sleep and I'd go take my shower. I get up from the bed and head into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.