Chapter 3

We've been on the road since this morning and now the sun is setting and it'll be getting dark before long. We crossed into the Utah state border out of Arizona sometime early this morning. And as the bike carried me over the invisible line, I felt free. I wasn't any less paranoid, but that was one state further away from Damien. I held onto Harry the entire time even though I knew I wouldn't fall off his bike. I took in every sight that I could and as the miles passed, the sights only grew more breathtaking. I'd never been out of Arizona in all my nineteen years, and I wasn't about to let this moment pass me by.

I hadn't even asked the guys where it was they are going, but at this rate, I didn't care. I'd go wherever they could take me. I had no idea how in the hell I would be able to pay Harry back for this, but I'm sure we could work something out. At least I hoped. As the sun sank from the Utah sky the air grew cooler and it wouldn't be long now until we'd be stopping somewhere. As if he read my mind, Harry signaled the guys to pull over in this small town.

"I'm starving and I've got to fill up before long," Zayn says as we pull up outside of a small diner. Harry puts his hand over the gauge on his bike and looks up.

"Yeah, I've got to fill up, too, and I've had to piss for the last ten miles. Let's eat then look for a gas station. After that, we'll worry about finding a place to crash for the night." Harry decides. I can't stand his crude remarks, but he's my only ride so I keep my mouth shut. What else should I expect from bikers?

The boys agree and we park the bikes in front of the diner. I grab my wallet out of my purse and my phone as we head inside. Harry, Niall, and Louis take me over to a huge booth, where we all slide in while Liam and Zayn go to the bathroom. A waitress walks over to our table and sets out menus for everyone.

"We've got two more joining us," Harry informs her.

She smiles and pops a bubble with her gum before setting down two more menus in front of the empty spaces. Just as she takes out her pen and notepad, Zayn and Liam join us at the table.

"What can I get you all to drink?" The woman, who is wearing too much makeup, asks us.

"Bring us a pitcher of whatever beer you've got on tap, and what do you want, Blondie?" I look over the menu and see that they have my favorite.

"I'll have a medium Mtn. Dew, please." I say with a smile.

The waitress nods and pops another bubble before leaving us alone. The boys talk among themselves while I take the opportunity to check my cell phone. I frown as I flip through the countless text messages from Damien. The extent of them was that I had better stay hidden because if he found me, I was dead. I checked the call log to see that he had also left me many calls, but no voice mails. I delete all the messages and calls and shut my phone off before slipping it back in my pocket. When I look up again, Niall and Zayn are staring at me while Harry talks to Louis, and Liam is on his phone.

"So, I take it your name isn't Blondie. What is it, doll?" Zayn asks me.

I blush at the mention of another nickname, but I answer him.

"My name is Bentlie." He smiles back at me and nods.

"Makes sense. Hot girl, hot name. Tell us about yourself, yeah?" He encourages.

Before I begin, Harry pulls a cell phone out of his jeans pocket and stands up. "I've got to check-in and take a piss. All in?" He asks. The boys all answer in unison.

"All in." And with that, he leaves the table.

I watch him step outside and when I turn my attention back to the table, the waitress has returned with our drinks.