Chapter Five

Me: Yayayayay! An update! You guys are probably like "FINALLY!!"

Impulse: FINALLY!

Blue Beetle: *smacks Bart upside the head*

Impulse: Duuude, you spilled my chicken whizzies!

Robin: Whatever *goes back to hacking*

Me: Lol, yeah, I'm not dead. So here's the next chapter

Wonder Girl: YAY! I wonder what's gonna happen.

Me: Bart's in it.

Impulse: SPOILERS!!!!!

-------

"What do we tell Richard?"

"We don't."

"What about our families? Our parents, my sister-"

"I don't want anyone to make such a big deal about this. We'll keep it nice and quiet, and when we survive this whole alien apocalypse Nightwing's so worried about we can tell them all about it."

Wally hugged Artemis from behind and buried his face in her loose hair.

"You're mad at him, aren't you?" Artemis asked her husband. They had been married for just over a day. It was a simple ceremony, Artemis had worn a simple green dress and a silver arrow necklace, an engagement present from Wally. Wally had worn a bright red tie and a simple suit with a lightning pin from Arty.

"No," Wally said through gritted teeth. Artemis reached up and gently touched his cheek. The touch softened and relaxed Wally, and he unclenched his jaw and sighed.

"Yes. Artemis, you're my little Spitfire! I don't know what I'd do without you!"

"You won't have to worry about that, Baywatch. I'm staying right here."

"With Me, where you're safe? I'm good with that." Wally squeezed her tighter, but not too tight.

Artemis laughed, "You know what I meant. I owe Nightwing a favor, and Kaldur can't do everything by himself. He'll need the extra support"

"Well, that is true..." Wally admitted.

Artemis turned around and placed a finger on Wally's lips. "What if we have a child?" She asked, suddenly worried.

"Then I'll make sure Nightwing brings you and Aqualad out before that happens."

"Wally, what if one of us does die?" Artemis sounded like a scared little child and leaned her head on Wally's shoulder.

"We're married for forever now. That's how long we'll keep on loving each other," Wally ran his fingers through Arty's hair.

"And if both of us die?" Artemis whispered.

"Then it'll just be our little secret."

"Our little secret," Artemis mused quietly, snuggling closer to Wally, "I like the sound of that."

Wally smiled as her steady breathing became all he could hear. He kissed her forehead, "I love you, my beautiful Spitfire."

-------