Part 26

Part 26

I hid behind a giant tree as a guard darted past me, probably on the lookout for Renzo's enemies. This place was crawling with guards; God knows how I would be able to get out of here. If I did not get out of here I would drop a bomb so that everybody could die.

You need to get a bomb first.

Damn, my subconscious was right. And though I was living with the biggest criminal on the planet, I had no idea where he stored his weapons, especially the bombs.

"Stupide armi. Stupido Renzo. Perché non mi ha mostrato dove teneva le sue armi?" I stomped my foot in agitation. I needed some kind of a weapon; the only thing I had right now was a lousy brick which I stole from the cell Renzo locked me in. (Stupid weapons. Stupid Renzo. Why did he not show me where he kept his weapons?)

After my tantrum subsided, I looked around to see where the nearest exit was. Climbing over the walls was not possible since there were was electric fencing all over the perimeter; Renzo sure was a paranoid Capo. The only option I had was to find a hole in the wall and run out of there, however, all the walls were guarded. I would have to do something to distract the guards so that they would leave their post and I could run out of here.

I slid down against the trunk of the tree in order to think about my escape plan. Renzo was paranoid and therefore he had a thousand guards flanking the place so that he would have one less thing to worry about. But if I made the guards think that there was an intruder, then they would be focused on finding him, which meant they would not be wasting their time guarding the perimeter.

"Ma come farò loro pensare che ci sia un intruso?" I thought out loud, as I watched a squirrel climbing up a tree. The lucky animal did not have to worry about electric fences and going home to her grandmother. I wish I was a squirrel, so I would only have to worry about eating nuts and climbing up the next tree. (But how will I make them think that there is an intruder?)

Picking up a broken twig from the ground, I twirled it around between my thumb and index finger wondering if I could make some strange noise in order to have the guards going on alert. And when my eyes landed on the pebbles scattered all around me, that's when I knew what I was going to do.

*-*-*-*-

Rolling the pebble in my palm, I held it by my fingers before hurling it towards the nearest wall. The pebble hit the wall, narrowly missing the guard by the ear. He froze before turning his head left and right. I bit my lip to stop myself from giggling before throwing the second pebble which resulted in him pulling out his gun and taking aim as if the intruder would come and tell the guard to shoot him.

The next pebble I threw was a little far off, so the guard would rush over in the direction in which I wanted him to go. And when my throw resulted in the desired effect, it took everything in me not to jump out and shout my victory to the world.

Once the way was clear for me, I quickly jogged towards the wall which had a wired fence blocking my path. Why couldn't anything be easy in this place? Renzo needed to learn how to relax because his enemies would probably curse him a million times just because it was so difficult to get in and out of his estate.

However, having a dancer's body I could easily maneuver my way out of this tricky web of wires, but that did not mean I liked doing it. Not wanting the wires to get stuck in my clothes, I tried my best to move my leg over the fence and out the other side. I was on the tip of my toes by the time my leg reached the other end. Not wanting to take the risk of touching the wires—in case it ended up electrocuting me—I grabbed on to the bush which was on my left and proceeded to haul my other leg out. I nearly fell and took the bush with me as my leg moved over the fence and landed safely on the ground beside my other leg.