Part 7

Part 7

For as long as I could remember, my body was the one thing I was always proud of. And it was the one thing that had given me much more than I could've asked for. My arms and legs were the reasons for Natasha's hatred, and they were the reason for my success. Yes, I worked hard to reach where I am today but keeping my body in the right shape and state was part of my success.

And now, I could lose it all.

In just a few seconds, Renzo found out about my greatest weakness, one I was sure he would use against me to make me do whatever he wanted. How could he know such things about me? I was not a celebrity or an influential person who was popular, so how did they get this information?

"My body is none of your business," I spat and looked away, not wanting him to see the vulnerability I was sure was lurking in my eyes. He already knew my grandmother was my weakness, I was stupid enough to give him a reaction but I couldn't react to this. I needed to have the upper hand here.

"Oh, but sugarplum, it is very much my business." To prove his words, he caressed my bare leg, causing unwanted shudders to ripple throughout my body. "You know, we in the Mafia have a few rules and concepts. And one of those...concepts, is that the woman living under our roof belongs to us." He brought his lips close to my ears. "In every way possible."

"Wow, no wonder you guys have to force and torture women. I mean, no one comes to you willingly so you decide to kidnap and torture woman because you men in the Mafia are that desperate," I retorted, feeling satisfied after seeing his eyes narrow to slits. I probably was an idiot for provoking him but I couldn't just lie here with my arms and legs bound—powerless—and not do anything about it.

"Are you seriously that stupid or do you have a death wish? You better watch what you say to me because I can easily kill you just as easily I choose to keep you alive," he warned but I was way past caring. He threatened my body and I would not let him get away with it.

I shrugged. "If I'm going to die, then fine, I might as well take your dignity with me."

The growl that resonated out of Renzo's throat nearly stopped my heart. And before I could do anything, he rolled on top of me and straddled my body, his green eyes shooting fire balls at me. I locked my eyes with his, enduring the volcanic fury blazing in the viridian depths. It was strange that I noticed how strong his thighs were as they settled around my waist. I feared they were strong enough to break me.

No matter what you do to me, Renzo, I will never give you the satisfaction of victory, because I will never let you win.

"Maybe breaking a bone does not matter to you as much as I previously thought. But that's alright, I'll break two. Maybe I will let you decide which ones," he said.

"You will soon realize that you were wrong about a lot of things regarding me," I responded, trying to quell the fear building in my mind. I hope he wouldn't break my bones like he was intending to, it could cause permanent damage.

"Oh, that may be true but one cannot deny the fact that breaking one of these beautiful bones will destroy you in ways shedding blood will not. And no matter how nonchalant you act around me, I can see right through you. Your lips might say something else." He caressed my lower lip with the pad of his thumb. "But your eyes tell me the truth; they show me what you don't want me to see."

I will not give in. I will not give in.

I took a deep breath. "You only see what you want to see, whether it's true or not. And are you done talking to me? Have I entertained you enough? Can I sleep now?"