Part 5

Part 5

I thought Renzo and Adone had been the worst people I've encountered in my life but when I met their friends, I was forced to rethink my assumptions. The twin brothers were unlike anyone I've ever met; not only did they ooze danger from every single pore of their bodies but it looked like they were born to kill.

It was Severon whom I met first as he was the one who came into my room with a medical bag in his hands. It was strange how this man was a healer and a killer all in one. Could humans be anymore deceptive?

"Hello," he said, flashing me a kind smile. Any normal woman would've swooned over that smile but I knew better than to drool over him. No matter how handsome he was or how kind he appeared to be I knew he was a monster just like Renzo.

"Thanks for coming, Sev. Where is your evil twin?" Adone asked with a mischievous smile. How could he have an evil twin when he was evil incarnate?

"He is with Renzo, planning on capturing Natasha. What the fuck did you guys do, you couldn't capture a single woman?" He replied.

"Severon, you know very well we weren't expecting that. The men captured the woman who fit Natasha's description only it was the wrong one." Adone shrugged as if making such a mistake was common. How many other women had they mistakenly captured?

The man named Severon sighed before fixing his golden-brown eyes on me. I tried to look away but there was something so unusual about him that looking away became impossible. What was it about this man that made me a prisoner to his gaze?

"You must be Sadie, or Natasha as Renzo, being the idiot that he is, keeps calling you." He flashed me an amused smile before sitting down on the bed in front of me. He was close enough for me to catch a whiff of his masculine scent.

I wanted to say something equally sassy my throat protested every time I tried to speak. So I had no choice but to stay silent, however, I tried to convey my fury through my eyes, hoping Severon was smart enough to understand it.

"Did he do this?" I flinched when Severon's fingers brushed my bruised neck.

"Who else? This girl's got a mouth and Renzo can't handle it," Adone replied, and for a moment something cryptic passed between the two friends.

"He needs to handle it or else he'll kill her," Severon muttered once they were done communicating through their eyes. Why couldn't they just let me go? It was obvious that everyone knew I was not the girl they wanted, so then why were they still keeping me here?

"He will kill her the first chance he gets; he was planning to do just that but I pulled him off her," Adone explained.

Severon shook his head as if he didn't know what to do with his friend. "Ucciderla non sarà saggio." (Killing her will not be wise)

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was not in the favor of my death! Was he really a member of the Mafia? If so then he was a strange member because according to him, I shouldn't die. These words were enough for me to trust him...a little.

"Sadie? I will take a look at your neck; try and relax for me, I won't hurt you," Severon said, slipping on a pair of latex gloves and moving even closer to me. This time when he touched me I did not flinch away but allowed him to check me over.

"Don't tell me he'd done some kind of permanent damage; she hasn't said a single word since he tried to kill her," Adone said. It was strange—in a sweet way—how he was so concerned about me.

Severon shook his head. "No, no permanent damage, but it looks like he'd done a number on her nerves." I winced when he pressed his fingers on a tender spot. "Yeah, this will take a few days to heal. But you should be fine after that."