Part 24

Part 24

Did he seriously tell me to take me off my clothes? What for? Was he intending to whip me on my bare back or was he planning something even more sinister?

"Why?" I asked, making sure to keep the fear at bay. There was no way I would cower in front of him, not right now. If he saw the affect he had on me, he would surely take advantage of it, and right now I needed to win.

"I told you that you do not get to object," he said.

"I am not objecting I am just asking. You can answer a simple question, right?" I snapped.

His eyes narrowed and he took a threatening step towards me. "Take off your clothes, sugarplum, don't make me say it again."

"You have already seen me naked when you pierced my belly button, what are you intending to do now?" I enquired. I would not make this easy for him, at least I would try my best to give him a hard time because he had been doing the same to me.

"That is for me to decide. You do as I say, because I am at the end of my patience and I have to deal with your little friend as well." He took another step forward, eliminating the distance between us, which had my breath hitching when the scent of his cologne slithered up my nose, making my mouth water.

"I thought you were going to leave her with Severin," I said, wanting to put my seduction skills to the test.

"I am. But I still have to know what she will say. Severin will make her sing like a canary and I will be the one to listen to her song," he replied, taking a hold of my hands as if he was not my captor but a lover. I knew what he was doing, but this time I was ready for him. Now, Renzo would get the taste of his own medicine.

"Why? I thought you were going to listen to me," I muttered, speaking softly so as to lull him in a false sense of security. I knew he would think that his proximity was affecting me, but he would realize that my words and body language were nothing but a trap for him.

Renzo's eyes darkened to the color of coniferous trees. "I do intend on listening to you. I plan to extract all sorts of sounds from this delectable mouth of yours and your body shall be my instrument."

"But how can you play when you are so busy thinking about revenge and torture?" I queried, bringing my face closer to his.

With a groan, Renzo pushed me down on the bed and immediately crawled on top of me. Before I could utter a word, he crushed his lips to mine, trapping me under him as his hands roamed over my body as if they had every right to.

I kissed him back, pulling him deeper into the web I had woven just for him. He was not going to win this time; it was my turn to make him pay for everything that he had done.

He groaned when I bit his lip and dug my nails in his back, hating the fact that his shirt was in the way. I wanted to mark him like he had left his mark on me. I wanted to burn my name on his skin so he would know there was someone who was able to defeat him; someone who was not afraid of him.

I cried out when Renzo grabbed my wrists and pinned them over my head. No, no, he could not do this. I needed my hands to keep a hold on him. He would overpower me now. I refused to accept defeat.

Wriggling underneath him in order to free my legs, I wrapped them both around his waist and tried to switch our positions but he was too strong for me.

"I know what you are trying to do and it's not going to work," he stated, removing his hands from my wrist to remove my shirt, which he did in a blink of an eye, leaving me naked from the waist up. His eyes immediately went to my belly button where the crimson letter dangled, telling the whole world who I belonged to.