Part 23

Part 23

I looked at the woman who had been dancing with me since we were teenagers but never had the heart to become my friend. I didn't know why Natasha considered me a competitor when she could've just asked to be friends. Why did she bother with the enmity? The woman who looked so much like me—according to the world—was now sitting on the cold floor, looking helpless and afraid.

"Natasha. Oh my God! What did you do to her?!" I yelled at Renzo who just rolled his eyes as if he regretting bringing me here. Why did he have to treat me like a child?

"I did exactly what I said I would. I captured her. Now we are going to get answers," he answered, as if I was the dumb one who did not understand the obvious.

"Untie her. Right now." When he made no move to obey me, that's when I understood that I would have to use force. "I mean it, Renzo. Untie her right now. She is innocent and you are not going to harm her."

"Oh, but harm her I must, sugarplum. I have to punish you as well, not just her. She is merely the medium of your punishment." My eyes nearly popped out of my sockets at his words. Medium. How dare he objectify her in such a manner. Yes, she was my enemy but that did not mean I would allow him to harm her in any way.

"You dare harm a hair on her body as a way to punish me and I swear to God I am going to slaughter each one of your rats right in front of you. And don't think for one second that I am bluffing because I will do exactly that should you provoke me," I stated, keeping my voice firm.

He smirked. "Threatening me will only get you in trouble, darling, and you are in enough trouble as it is." He took a step forward, completely forgetting the fact that Natasha was in the room. "And I will extract punishment very soon, in the confines of my bedroom. Hurting Natasha is not the real punishment, that you will suffer when I have you alone with me."

"I don't care what you do to me, you are not going to hurt her," I repeated. I could handle Renzo, but I could not handle someone being in pain because of me.

"If I don't hurt her, then I will have to make your punishment more severe, and you will not be allowed to protest. You will suffer as much as I want you to suffer and you will not tell me to stop. If you agree to these conditions, then I won't hurt her. The choice is yours now," he said.

I bit my lip as I contemplated his words. How bad could it be? The worst he would do was break my bones, right? I could handle that. Sure I'd be bed ridden for days, but at least Natasha would be safe.

"If I do as you say, then no harm will come to her, right?" I asked, just to make sure. Did I really want to test him? If he said he was going to punish me severely, then that was exactly what he would do, Renzo was not one to bluff.

He shrugged, throwing Natasha a fleeting glance. "Of course, you know I don't back down from my word. If you agree to be punished, then I won't hurt her."

It's a trap. Don't agree.

How could this be a trap? Renzo had laid out his conditions, and I knew from experience that he did what he claimed, so how could this be a trap? Natasha would go free if I agreed to his terms, and since I had been tortured by him before, I knew what he would do. The question was, was I willing to compromise my bones for the woman who hated me and made it her life's mission to destroy me?

"Can you not break my bones?" I said, feeling a shudder coming on as I could practically hear the snap of my bones breaking when I thought about him torturing me.

Renzo smirked, a smirk which told me I should not be giving him ideas. "That is up to me. If you agree to this, then I will punish you however I see fit. You won't have the right to object then, sugarplum."