Zara's Wolf

"He follows me around like a predator seeking a moment of weakness before he takes down his prey.

But his eyes are soft and tell me a different story."

Eighteen-year-old Zara is a born and raised African-American city girl. She's always seen the mountains in the distance, but never once set foot in them--until she wakes up one night in the middle of them with a raging thunderstorm overhead and no memory of how she got there.

As if her situation couldn't be more terrifying, she finds a wolf staring back at her in the darkness. Just when she thinks she's about to become his next meal, she discovers that he is not what he seems.

Despite her weaknesses and limitations in the wilderness, their journey together becomes a test of trust. But when Zara learns the truth, she's not ready to accept it.

----

The Zara's Wolf Trilogy:

Book 1: Zara's Wolf -- Complete

Book 2: Shadows -- Complete

Book 3: Forsaken -- In Progress.

----

Author's Note: Is he her mate? I don't know, sure doesn't start off that way, hehe.

As mentioned on the summary page, this story does not contain any of the main cliches found in the werewolf genre (alpha mates, rejected mate, abused MC, or super-special-rare white wolf). These "shifters" do not have special powers like super-healing, mind-linking, or anything like that. You have normal humans with the ability to shift into normal wolves. So even in human form, these shifters do not have heightened senses.

This is an adventure story that later builds into a romance, while the 2nd and 3rd books are darker and extremely suspenseful and will make your head reel. No joke. They are intense.

Since Zara's Wolf is set in the United States, I will be using the American spelling system, even though I am Canadian. It just makes more sense to me to use the American system for a story set in America, lol.

If pages do not load, or there are strange symbols on the page, this is a glich with the Wattpad app. Best thing you can do is sign out, close the app, then open it back up and sign back in. It just needs a little reset, that's all. If all else fails, please contact the Wattpad support team. Thanks!

----

This is an edited first draft, not a final draft. Therefore, please respect my wishes not to post this story on Goodreads until it is finalized. Thank you.

----

All Rights Reserved | Copyright 2014 Joflower

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author.

Big thank you to Jewel1307 for the awesome new cover! (January 11, 2015)

Without further adieu.... Onto the first chapter!