Never Kiss And Tell - 4

• Dedicated to everyone who's reading this!

Chapter 4

               “Don’t drink. Don’t have sex. Be careful,” Nate’s voice turned into father mode as he, Caroline, and I were in his truck.

                “Why are you suck a party pooper? Literally,” Caroline asked.

                “Um, I think you’re brain’s a little mixed up, dad,” I told him, emphasizing the word dad.

                “It is?” he questioned, giving me a side glance from his place behind the steering wheel. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the middle seat beside him and Caroline was in the passenger seat.

                “Yes, what you really meant was: Don’t drive after drinking. Use protection. Be careful.” My eyes were looking at him while a smirk played on my lips.

                Nate always did act a bit like a father figure to Caroline and I. He wasn’t a big fan of his own father, either. I guess the brother instincts kicked in when it came to Caroline, and since I was always with her, they kicked in when it came to me, too.

                “Why do I even bother?” He mumbled to himself as he shook his head, keeping his eyes on the road this time.

                Honestly, Nate should realize that Caroline and I were big girls and we could take care of ourselves. We had all gone to plenty of parties together, and by now, Nate should also put together that Caroline and I weren’t exactly angels. We had both done the one-and-done hookup deal at some parties. Nate was just in denial, I’m sure, though. He didn’t want to think about a hormonal teenage boy deflowering his baby sister and her best friend- surprisingly, we got along pretty well.

                “No seriously, take precautions in any way, shape, or form,” Nate told us, obviously not only talking about sex.

                “Hop of my dick,” I groaned, wanting Nate to snap out of dad mode and into the hormonal teenage boy he was.

                Seriously, he was telling us to use protection, but he was the one we needed to worry about. That boy had the body of a god. I would gladly lick chocolate off of that boy- especially his abs.

                “No thanks, I like the ride,” Nate told me easily, snapping me out of my daydream of the two of us doing things that Caroline would kill me for.

                “I’m sure you do, but if you don’t hop off, I’ll shove you,” I told him, quirking my eyebrows up at Nathan, even though he wasn’t looking at me.

                “That’s alright, I like my sex rough,” Nathan glanced at me again, a large smirk plastered on his face.

                “Will you two please stop? That’s just a terrible mental image for me,” Caroline spoke up. My head whipped to the right to look at her. She had her nose scrunched up in disgust, obviously not liking the thought of Nathan and I together. I couldn’t say I blamed her, though. I would probably do the same thing if I were in her shoes. I did do the same thing.

                The reality of that sunk in, and I was wondering what was wrong with me. I was thinking about him too much. Yes, I thought about him a lot anyways, but it usually wasn’t as often, or as painful. Usually, I held it together better than this.

                I seriously needed a drink. Scratch that, I needed about twenty.

                The rest of the ride was silent, but as soon as we pulled off on the side of the road at the end of the street, Caroline threw her door open. The car hadn’t even come to a complete stop, but I didn’t care, either. We were on the same page. I slid out of the car with her just as Nate put the car into park.