Never Kiss And Tell - 2

Chapter 2

                I smiled up at the guy behind the desk, finally being proud of my best friend. For the first time in her life, her plan for something fun to do had gone well. She was all grown up now, coming up with bomb-ass things to do all by herself. I really taught her well.

                “Alright, look through the binder and pick out what you want,” the guy said in a bored tone, playing with the piercing in his lip, making it come in and out of the hole. That sounded rather perverted.

                “I already know what I want,” I told the guy smoothly, giving him a sarcastic smile at the end. Talk about shitty customer service.

                He seemed to bite his tongue before averting his gaze over to Caroline. “Well you friend doesn’t seem to have,” he told me bitterly.

                Wow, who pissed in his cheerios?

                I rolled my eyes at him, leaning on the counter that he was sitting behind and looking at the binder that Caroline was currently staring at intensely. She seriously wanted that tattoo way too bad. Hell, I wanted a tattoo, too. I had been planning this for like the past two years, and I was officially getting it. All thanks to Caroline.

                We were in a seriously sketchy place, though. It was 2 in the morning, and they were still open. Not to mention it was in the middle of nowhere. I mean, seriously, where did my best friend find this place.

                “That’s a really pretty rose!” Caroline pointed at the picture in the binder that had a rose on a girl’s ankle. How typical.

                I crossed my arms over my chest, staring at Caroline as if that would hurry her up. I freaking wanted to get that tattoo. It was so important to me; even the thought of how it would look brought tears to my eyes.

                I fought them, though, because I knew they wouldn’t change anything. Except maybe my makeup.

                “Oh my gosh, I love that one!” she squealed.

                Curiosity got the better of me and I was thanking the lord that I wasn’t a fucking cat as I looked at the sheet of paper, over her shoulder. To my dismay, she was looking at a fucking SpongeBob tattoo. Leave it to my best friend…

                “You’re such a fucking child,” I told her while giggling slightly.

                “Don’t hate on me, I brought you out here,” she told me defensively, turning the page in the binder to continue looking at the tattoos.

                “Yeah and we had to walk for an hour,” I snapped, knocking my head down on the counter as I sighed. I didn’t want to wait for her slow ass; she needed to pick a damn tattoo already.

                “Oh shut your trap! We’re here,” she scoffed.

                I groaned, completely tired of the waiting. It’s safe to say I’m not the most patient person ever. But as my best friend, Caroline should respect that. Damn that sounded selfish…

                Finally, Caroline turned the page and another page didn’t come up. Just the black binder. Thank God! That meant Caroline finally had to make up a decision. It better be a damn good tattoo, too.

                Twenty minutes later, Caroline was paying for her tattoo. I had already paid for mine and I was now standing right beside the door with my arms crossed. I was fuming. She had decided on a fucking infinity symbol on the inside of her left hand ring finger! When she first told the tattoo artist- who luckily wasn’t the guy at the front desk- I laughed, thinking she was shitting us. She wasn’t.