Never Kiss And Tell - 13

I feel like I'm forever apologizing for being late on an update, but I'm so sorry! It doesn't feel like it's been that long since I've updated to me. Please don't hate me. ): love you guys!

PICTURE OF NATE ON THE SIDE. CAN YOU SAY HOT?

 Chapter 13 

                Pressing my lips together, I fiddled with the cuff of my sleeve with a shaky hand. Why was I so nervous about this? It was just a date. Simple. I had been on plenty of them. Yet, this one just seemed much more intense, more special.

                I had told my parents that I was going to Caroline’s, and I had told Caroline that my parents weren’t letting me out of their sight. Somehow she didn’t push hanging out tonight, which really surprised me. Even when my parents were being nosy I’d sneak out with her. They only caught me half of the time, and I didn’t care when they did.

                “Hey gorgeous,” Nate’s deep, husky voice called as I approached him. We were meeting at the end of my street, just to make sure we were in the clear of my parents. A sheepish smile spread across my lips at what Nate had said, loving the way his words passed over his tongue with ease. The way he said it made me feel special, almost like he wasn’t talking about just my looks.

                Nate wrapped his arms securely around my waist once I reached him, and I let my hands settle at the nape of his neck. We stood there, smiling goofily at each other for a few seconds before he leaned towards me and pressed his lips lightly against mine. It was softer than our regular kisses, not as hungry, just content with where we were.

                I broke apart from him, saying, “As much as I’d like to stay here forever, we better get going.”

                Nate sighed, nodding his head and letting go of me reluctantly. As soon as I made a move to open the passenger door, however, he pulled me back by the hem of my sweater and kissed me again.

                “Now we can go,” He whispered into my ear, nipping it gently before going to the passenger door to open it for me.

                I rolled my eyes at him, hating how he could make me want him so bad with just a nip of my ear. Every little touch from him affected me way too much. Something about it, he just left me wanting more no matter what; part of me was terrified of the way he made me feel, but I just couldn’t help myself.

                Shaking my head mentally, I got rid of all of my bullshit emotion thoughts. I hopped into Nate’s truck just as he was closing his door. Soon, we were driving off, heading to an a place unbeknownst to me. Nate had insisted that it be a surprise, and I didn’t argue. I was just glad to be going out on a date with him.

                Damn, since when had I become such a love-struck teenage girl?

                “So are you going to tell me where we are going yet?” I asked, tearing my eyes from the passing streets outside of the passenger window.

                Nate glanced over at me like I was crazy. “What? And ruin the surprise, are you kidding?”

                All I could do was roll my eyes at him. I knew he wasn’t going to tell me, but it was worth asking. “I change my mind,” I mused allowed. “I don’t like surprises anymore.”