Chapter 22

Luke

"Calum, you have to help me find him!" I beg the tan boy but he shakes his head.

"No, Luke, if you really wanted him you would've realized that earlier. You want him so badly find him yourself." He says, not looking up from his mobile as he spoke causing me to frown at his childish actions.

"Stop being a bitch and fucking help me!" I snap. His shoulders slump in defeat but he remains silent, his eyes glued to the screen as he typed. Soon enough he got up, grabbed his jacket, and left. I was so frustrated, so annoyed and frazzled by his actions that I wanted to pull out all of my hair and shove it up his ass.

I pace around my room, my mind going rampid at the places Ashton could possibly be an what he could possibly be doing. I call him again, but it goes straight to voicemail meaning his phone is off.

Ashton

I type on my phone as I wait for my turn for my second sitting for my tattoos. Luke calls, but it automatically goes to voicemail as I set it to do so and then I continue doing what I was doing previously.

"Ready?" The tattoo artist from the week before asks me and I nod, ready to get this finished. I follow him over to his station and sit where is sat last time after I pull my shirt over my head and drape it over the back of the chair. Derek nods, his eyes scanning over my chest and arms then to my face.

"You took care of it well, today will be your last sitting and then you're finished." he tells me, setting up his black, white, and purple inks on the desk before sitting on his stool. I nod and he looks at me for a minute before getting up and getting another sitting thing and bringing it over. "Lay on your back, it'll be easier to do your chest this way." I do as I'm told and he finally starts tattooing me again.

"Why did you want to get so much at once?" he asks and I sigh a little.

"Didn't like my look, moved away from my home town and I just really wanted to be unrecognizable." I tell him and he nods thoughtfully, sending us into a moment of silence.

"Sounds like you went through a tough break up to me." he mumbles as the machine makes contact with my skin. I don't even flinch.

"Yeah. Something like that." I don't really want to exploit my whole life story to some stranger I've only met once before. "Do you have any openings?" I ask causing him to chuckle a little. I frown and wait for an answer.

"You ever tattooed before?" I scoff and nod.

"Would I be asking for a job if I haven't?" I snap causing him to smirk and shrug.

"You don't see many bare tattoo artists." he says and then pauses. "After I finish here, how about you tattoo me and we'll see about that job." he tells me and I nod, feeling quite satisfied with myself. A couple of hours go by and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep a few times, but we finish and he patches me up and I pay. Then we head back over to his table and the rolls are switched.

"What do you want?" I ask as I pull on gloves.

"Surprise me." he smirks and holds out his arm, showing me an empty place on his forearm. I shrug and turn on the machine and begin on the skull smoking a cigar and wearing a fedora.

Once I'm finished, he examines it and nods approvingly.

"Nice job kid. This is one of the best tattoos I've ever gotten." He praises and I nod, mumbling a soft thank you. "write down your number and I will talk to my boss and give him a call." I thank him again and walk out of the store and back to my apartment. It's in a shady part of Sydney but I could care less. I got it for cheap and there's a lot of fast food restaurants and a lot of things to do so it's good. A lot of people seem like me, outcasts, runaways, just people that seem lost in themselves. I unlock the door of the small apartment, and lay on the couch and flick on the television. I wonder how Luke is doing, if him and Chase are still together, and if he's looking for me. I wonder if he's even thought of me since I left, or if it was just weight lifted off his shoulders. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I take it out, seeing it's Calum and answer it.

"Hey, Cal." I smile, looking at the ceiling.

"Ashton, I don't know what to tell Luke any more. He's getting on my last nerve." Calum seethes and it's obvious he's angry.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be back soon." I sigh and roll my eyes. I really don't want to go back but a promise is a promise.

"How soon is soon? I'm going insane."

"Give me three days."

"Thank you."

"See you later, Cal." I hang up and sigh, wondering why Luke can't just, I don't know, just I don't even know.

*

Over the next three days I get spider bites, an eyebrow piercing, and green in my hair which ended up looking like a turquoise color but I like it anyway. I'm just how I wanted to be. Completely different, unrecognizable, and no longer looks 'innocent' as I have been told before. I walk up to my school with my books in my hand and enroll myself as a new student so I get new classes. I am now Fletcher Irwin, not in anyway related to Ashton Irwin because that would just be insane. My first class is Science which is great because that's two classes in a row that I don't have to share with Luke. Then I have History, another class without Luke and then lunch. I hope he doesn't recognize me or see me when I'm there.

My classes go by smoothly, most of the teachers giving me weird looks either from the amounts of tattoos and piercings or from being seemingly identical to Ashton Irwin. But of course I've never heard of him, wink wink.

I bump into Michael in the bathroom and he doesn't recognize me so I take it well.

"Michael!" I say and hug him tightly but he doesn't hug back.

"Uh, he shuffles back awkwardly. "Do I know you?" he pulls away from my embrace and looks at me for a long while. "Ashton!" he gasps, wrapping his arms around me this time. He takes in my apparel and everything else and smiles. "Dude, you totally look punk rock."

I giggle. "Thanks. God I missed you, Mike. Love the lilac by the way." I ruffle his hair and he scowls at me and tries to fix it with one hand.

"Thanks. Now where the hell did you run off to?" he leans against the sink and waits my story.

"Long story short I had nothing here, my family sucks, broke up with Luke, the band wast getting anywhere and I didn't like it here so I left, became something and someone I wanted to be and look like so I did and I'm happy with it." I rush out and he nods, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and walked out of the bathroom.

"I'm happy for you, Ash. Glad you're doing things you want and being your own person." we walk into the cafeteria an get our lunch and sit at the table we always did and just talked about what happened while I was gone until Luke plops his tray down in front of us. We look up and he looks surprised and confused.

"Hi Michael." he just looks at me longingly until I get up and throw my tray away. I walk down the hall quietly, trying to ignore the blaring in my mind as I walk, the endless screaming that drives me insane.

"Ashton!" someone calls, and I ignore them, but walk slower. "Ashton, why did you have to go?" it's Luke. I turn around to meet the eyes of deep blue pools of sadness.

"I had to." I mumble, averting my eyes to my shoes. "I'm too shy to tell you how I feel anymore, so I run and hide because that's what I do to get away from every thing. I'm afraid of what you'll say if I ask you what you think of me anymore. I'm afraid your answer will be 'I don't.'"

a/n:

Yo yo yooooooo idk what to say