Chapter 4

Luke

School the next day was basically the same, as well as after school. The nerve racking part was that Ashton was taking me out tonight after band practice. He was also picking me up to go in about 10 minutes so I have to go out the front door this time to let my parents know that I would not be back until very late that night because I was going to a "study group" to help more "teenage delinquents." I was ready, I took all of my books out of my messenger bag and replaced them with the clothes that I would be wearing and all other necessary accessories. My books are hidden securely under my bed behind some boxes and stuff.

I walk down stairs a little nervously, but I play it off good.

"Evening, Father." I greet.

"Evening, Son."

"With your approval, I would like to go to a study group where I will be assisting some other delinquents as I have before." I say, my palms sweating a little as I wait my father's answer. He looks skeptical, but eventually he nods slowly.

"When will you be returning?" he asks, closing his book and setting it aside with his reading glasses on top.

"Not until late this evening, possibly early this morning." I say thoughtfully. "They are really in need of some assistance." I add quickly.

"I will be in bed by the time you return. I expect no complaints in the morning of your exhaustion." he says and I scurry towards the door.

"My gaditude, Father." and I leave without another word.

When I walk out of the door, Ashton is already waiting for me. His head was tilted down towards his lap so I assume he's on his mobile as I slip into the passenger's seat.

"Hey." I say, already starting to ruffle up my hair out of it's slick back composure.

"Hey," he replies quickly, adding a quick peck on my cheek. I feel a blush on my cheeks as he begins to drive off and I begin to change clothes. I change from my sweater vest into my black nirvana bro tank and very stealthily change into black skinny jeans. (Ashton was totally staring.)

We pull up to Michael's and get out, walking up to the door without a word.

"Hey!" Michael greets with a big smile and lets us in. "Luke, you aren't wearing your lip ring!" he notices and I reach up to feel the spot where the clear one is inserted.

"Oh, I must've forgotten to put it in." I say easily with a shrug. He seems to buy it, well he should it's the truth, and he lets us in. We walk in and Calum is strumming to Try Hard, the song I showed them last week. He seemed like he had gotten it down pretty quickly and thanked me when I complimented him. We had gotten it down pretty quickly and had recorded it, quickly uploading it to YouTube and already getting plenty of comments. Most of them were good, but there were some bad ones we ignored.

We hung around and laughed a little, I sneaking small glances at Ashton, admiring his dimples and the way his eyes light up. I took so much time admiring him that I almost forgot our date right after.

a/n: the date is the next chapter yeyyy