*Chapter Twenty Six*

A/N
Yes guys here it is chapter 26:)) finally! Just a quick note. Go check out my new book "Infatuation" it's pretty good if I do say so myself. Thanks! Have a lovely day💓
*****

I woke up in an unfamiliar environment. I squinted as my eyes struggled to adjust to the brightness of the room.

"Morning sunshine" Ryders voice broke the silence. I froze then turned my head to see him sitting in a chair on his phone in the corner of the room. What the hell happened last night?

"Uh morning?" I questioned. "How am I here?" I asked sitting up.

"Do you not remember what happened last night?" He questioned.

"Not In the slightest" I yawned. Oh my God. Did we sleep together??

"The dance?" He trialed off.

I shook my head, "What about it?"

"Lyla?" He asked again but I wasn't getting it.

Suddenly I felt as if my heart stopped in my chest.

The video

He knew I remember and handed me a cup of coffee in attempts of comforting me.

I slowly took it and let the my hands wrap around the warmth of the cup. Oh my God the video. I was going to kill her. At the very least make her wish I had killed her. I refrained from looking at my phone. I had to go back to New York. And delete all of my social media. I could hardly breathe I was thinking a million thoughts a second. Suddenly I found the strength to stand.

Ryder immensely got in my way.

"Are you sure you're okay to go" He asked concerned.

I narrowed my eyes. "My life is ruined. I'm not okay but I will be because I'm going back to New York." I said proudly.

"Uh no you're not" he rolled his eyes.

"And why not?" I countered. Who was he to have a say what I did and where I went.

"Because your Dad isn't going to let you and we both know it. He's your sole guardian." He reasoned. I didn't care I was going back to New York.

I grabbed my things and walked around him to down stairs. I stopped myself at the front door for a moment. I decided against what I was thinking then left. I marched home in a fury. That little bitch was going to pay. To my demise there was a black Escalade in my drive way and I felt a pit in my stomach. I groaned. I can not deal with this right now.

Seconds later Zayn emerged from the car. "Charlie?" He called out, I ignored him and made a B line for the front door.

"Charlie, are you alright?" He spoke following me to the front porch.

I whipped around to face him, "Am I alright?" I grunted to narrowed eyes.

"Yes are you alright?" He asked innocently.

"I'm the reason your life is over and here you are asking if I'm alright?" I raised my eyebrows in disbelief.

"How is my life over?" He chuckled.

Oh my God did he not know?

"Oh my God you don't know," I covered my mouth. Oh God.

"Know about what?" He asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"The video-" I inhaled a long breath.

"Oh that," he rolled his eyes. "So what? I know you only kissed Justin once and that was before me. As for the public I'm not really too concerned with them at the moment anyways" he laughed.

Justin.

He pulled me into a hug that I didn't know I needed.

"You're really not mad?" I questioned.

"Not at all it wasn't your fault." He shrugged.

I turned to look behind me, no one knew that I was home.

"Please get me out of here because if I go inside I'm going to kill her." I breathed trying not to think of Lyla.

"Where would you like to go Charlotte Summers?" Zayn asked walking down the steps.

"Anywhere" I sighed.

"Since I've met you shits been crazier now than anytime before. And it use to be real crazy" Zayn chuckled.

I slumped down in the seat. "My life's never gonna be the same is it?" I sighed.

"Welcome to the club" Zayn laughed, "You're on the map now".

I scoffed. "Apparently there's a new hashtag with my face all over it" I smiled. However my smile was filled with hatred.

"What is it?" Zayn asked subtly looking at my phone.

"Insta whore" I laughed. Welcome to the petty world.

"They just jealous you on a whole other level" Zayn shrugged.

"I guess" I sighed. If anything it was just annoying by now.

"Hey Char" Zayn surprised me with the cringy nickname.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"I missed you," Zayn spoke, the warm morning light hugging his face. His eyes were the lightest shade of brown I'd seen. He was gorgeous.

"I've missed you" I scrunched my nose and hugged my knees to my chest with a smirk on my face.

I looked out at the window at the morning sky. Michigan really could be beautiful. The air was so.. fresh. I felt as if today could really be a good day. It's like the worst was over of a really bad book. And now there were just endless blank pages. I was going to do someone remarkable with them. Everything was just so simple in the car. I could breathe and we were both at easy. I never wanted to stop driving.

My mood quickly evaded with the piercing ring of my phone. I scowled at the name. I was never going to get a break..

A/N
I know very short chapter I'm sorry:(( For those of you that actually read the authors notes hello. I hope you're having a great day. Don't be afraid to message me if you like wanna be bffs🥰 Anyways go check out "Infatuation" 😘