*Chapter Twenty One*

"Where are your parents?" He called as he walked down the steps.

"I think they left already? I don't see any cars, other than mine in the drive way."

"Think again" a voice that I recognized too well came from behind me, causing every inch of my skin to crawl...

I hesitantly turned around wanting desperately to have mistaken the voice, that it would be Ryder or Justin or even my dad.

"M-Mark" I swallowed. "What are you doing here" I smiled nervously.

"You leave with out saying a word and then you fucking cheat on me" he says stepping closer to me.

"Mark- zayns just a friend I swear" I said stepping back.

"Who the fuck is zayn!" His voice carries through out the house.

"I was talking about the waste of a life that you always pity" he said referring to the bar tender at my favorite night club.

"You know back on New York" he yelled coming even closer.

"Now let's talking about this Zayn and then we'll discuss weather I drag you back to the city or you come willingly" he said backing me up against the wall.

I watched in anticipation as Zayn came down the stairs.

"Excuse me" He said tapping on marks shoulder.

Mark turned around annoyed.

"Now we're going to discuss weather you leave this house with, what you like to call a face, intact or not." Zayn smiled and I stood frozen.

"Too late I've already made up my mind" he stated and then a second later Mark was on the ground with one hit and I cringed.

Zayn grabbed him by the back of the shirt dragging him to the front door.

"Now I will give you roughly 10 seconds to get in your car drive to where ever the fuck you came from and not return because if you do I'll be here."

And with that mark collected him self and scrambled away with what ever dignity he thought to have left.

I let out a breath as the door shut.

"So are you ready for school" Zayn asked ask if the occurrence never happened.

"Yeah I'm not going..." I stated

"Good you can spend the day with me" He said rubbing the back of his head.

"Here you drive" I said handing him the keys walking out the door him following.

The preheated car felt nice contrasted with the freshly cold air out side.

Zayn got in complaining about Michigan weather and what ever else.

"So are we going to talk about what happened?" I asked as we pulled out of the drive way.

"What about it" he said looking at me the the road.

"I don't know I just feel like something needs to be said" I shrugged.

"I have something that I need to tell you" He said in a different almost worried time and he tapped him fingers in the steering wheel.