Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The sound of someone snoring brought me back from my deep slumber. I stretched only to hit something that felt like a wall.

"Ouch"

Hold on a second...that isn't my voice!

I didn't even wait to open my eyes and I tried to scream as loud as I could. Notice I said tried. Apparently this person already knew what I had in mind and quickly covered my mouth.

"Shh it's me"

Way to go genius. 'Me' can be anybody!

My eyes opened and adjusted to the person laying down besides me.

Nathan.

"What are you doing here?!" Was what I intended to say, though my voice came out all muffled due to his hand.

"Ew I don't want your cooties" he looked down at his hand in disgust.

I scoffed, "If you hadn't placed your dirty hand on my mouth you wouldn't have gotten my so called cooties"

"You were gonna scream, I didn't have much of a choice" he said.

"With reason enough! What are you doing here? Don't you have like school?"

"It's Sunday so obviously there is no school" he said as it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"How was I supposed to know what day it is?!"

"There is something called a calendar you know" he smirked.

"Oh to hell with the calendar! What are you doing here?" I said already frustrated with this loser now sitting in front of me.

He feigned hurt and placed his right hand over his chest, "Don't you remember any of last night events?"

"No, should I?"

"How can you forget something like that! The night you confessed your love to me is not something you should easily forget Adrielle"

My mouth fell agape.

I did what?!

I scoffed, "Oh whatever, I would never say something like that to you"

"You did last night" he muttered.

"Yeah and you're a unicorn"

"I'm not a unicorn"

"Point taken, I thought we were just naming things that were impossible"

And now that was his turn to scoff.

"Since you're not going to tell me why you're here I suggest you leave" I said.

"Last night you fell asleep in my car so I had no other choice than to bring you in here" he said.

"That doesn't explain why you're here until morning" I deadpanned.

"You begged me to stay" he said.

I did what?! I recalled the moments of last night. The part where I couldn't wake up and then that he carried me up to my room and placed me in bed. But I don't remember asking him to stay...

"As if" I didn't wait for him to answer and went straight into the restroom.

My mouth fell open at the sight of my appearance.

My hair was a birds nest. Hair sticking out from every direction. The mascara that I had worn yesterday was slightly coming off and was making me look like I was part of the raccoon family.