Chapter 12

I stayed standing in my parkway for a good 10 minutes, just bawling my eyes out. I had never felt this upset. My heart felt as if it were breaking into millions of pieces. And to top it all off, I did not know why. 

Was it because of the look Nathan gave me and I didn't do anything about it? 

I stopped there. I cleaned my tears with the sleeve of my shirt and headed back into my house. 

Ugh I just hope my mom isn't standing there when I open the door...

And to my relief she wasn't. 

I headed upstair to my room and closed the door with lock. I definitely didn't want anyone bothering me tonight.

I laid down on my bed and got my phone, I had completely forgotten that I was texting the girls.

Group Chat

Me: Sorry ya'll something came up and I'm really tired now. Going to sleep. See you guys tomorrow. Night. 

June: Are you okay Addy?

Rachel: We'll see you tomorrow then

Kate: Goodnight bitches X

Leah: OMG YOU GOTTA TELL US TOMORROW THE GOSSIP GIRL

June: Why are you talking about the show Gossip Girl Leah?

Leah: Omg June that is totally not what I meant.

I laughed a bit at the last messages and put my phone on mute. 

I was really gonna try and sleep how I had told them. Though of course, things don't always go the way you want. I knew that first hand. 

Instead I picked up my phone and went through all my social media. 

It was around 4am when I had finally shut my eyes for good but woke up to my alarm blaring. Though it took me many more snoozes to finally get up and start getting ready. 

I went down to the kitchen and poured myself some cereal but before I could even get a bite, Leah's stupid Volkswagen was in the driveway honking as if there was no tomorrow. 

I made my way outside to at least get her to stop and when she didn't I shouted,  "OMG I CAN HEAR YOU!!!!"

Leah rolled down her window, "HURRY BITCH WE'RE LATE!!!!"

I scoffed, there was no way...I looked down to my phone: 7:59am. My eyes widened. 

"SHIT! LET ME GRAB MY BACKPACK!" I scurried back to my room and out the door in record time. We were sooooooo late. Well that is if we didn't get there by 8:15am, which I really doubted we were. 

I got in the car by 8:01am, yeah guys...that's how fast I ran.

"Haven't you all heard that saying?" Rachel asked.

We all gave her a puzzled look. 

"If you're gonna be late might as well be hella late" she deadpanned. 

"Oooo does that mean we should go eat breakfast?" June pipped in.

I smiled widely, "I like your thinking June bug" I said. 

"Guys sorry to break it to you but I have to give this presentation for my first class" said Leah.

We glared all glared at her. We didn't have a choice since we were in her car after all. 

♡♡♡

The most awkward thing about arriving late to class is when you enter and all those prying eyes just stare you down until you take a seat. And omg don't even get me started on the teacher.