Chapter 15

Cross Over Chapter 15

Awed. That was the exact word to describe what Jeric felt right after stepping inside the venue of Sophie's party. This party has all the right to be called the birthday party of the year. The venue doesn't have a specific theme but he was able to notice that it has mostly pastel colored design. Very soft and very light. He looked around and he can see a lot of guests, most of them are people that he knows, talents from their modeling agency, employees from their firms, and some business people he only knew by name.

He was still looking around when the host started speaking, giving a cue to the crowd that the event is about to start. And right at that moment, he started searching the crowd for those familiar faces he only saw once. After several minutes of searching, he still cannot find them, so he immediately fished his phone out from his pocket and made a call.

**********************

He went inside the venue right after he finished talking to them, as if on cue the program proper started. A certain ballet group started performing a very beautiful piece to start the program. It was the type of performance that will really make you feel relaxed. He was still watching them appreciatively when the crowd's attention was again caught by the host.

"And now, we present to you, the lady of the night, Sophie dela Paz."

Then the lights suddenly dimmed, and it focused on a certain part of the stage. And right then and there, his world almost stopped as he look at one of the most beautiful girls he has ever known. That same broken girl that he wants to save so bad. That girl that he wants to protect, the girl whose smile is so precious to him. She was standing there, wearing a pastel blue colored gown, wearing some diamonds for her necklace and earrings, and she's wearing her hair down which is slightly curled.

"Ahia, pwede mo isara bibig mo" Jeron said, as he appeared out of nowhere.

"Kanina ka pa dyan?" He asked his not so little brother.

"Oo. Masyado ka kasing busy kay Soph e." He said then chuckled.

Jeric just ignored him and continued looking at the beautiful masterpiece in front of him.

"Ahia, aren't you supposed to help her down?" Jeron asked again.

He just looked at his brother and upon  realizing that he is right, he immediately stood up and went to the stage. Sophie smiled at him the moment she saw him, and he smiled back. He offered his hand and she gladly took it.

"I thought you ditched me." she said as they were walking down towards what appears to be a hammock designed with different flowers, that is where Sophie is supposed to sit.

"Nope. I would never do that." He said, and once again, they smiled at each other.

***************************

The program generally went well. Family members, including her adoptive family were asked to sing for her then give her a birthday message afterwards. Dinner was served first before they start with her 20 stuffs.

Then there it goes. The part that she is most scared o. Her 20 roses. She is still praying that they'd be here, that they had forgivenher, that they hasn't really given up on her. But deep inside her, she knows that it is not true, so she has no choice but to brace herself for the worst.

They first called her father.

"You look beautiful tonight sweetie." Her father said. She just smiled at him. "It's a good thing you got your mother's looks and not mine" he said again and chuckled.

She laughed with him and they spent the rest of the dance laughing and just talking about stuff.

The next is his adoptive father, followed by her former coach, uncles from both her biological and adoptive families, some of her college friends that include Jeron. And then, they were down with the last five roses. This is the most scary part for her. The host first called the first name on the list.

"Henry Angeles"

She held her breath as she looked at the crowd for any signs of them. And it really broke her heart when she didn't see any. She closed her eyes as she tried to put the information in her brain. They really has given up on me.  She told herself. Her eyes are still closed as she tried to pull herself together and get herself ready to signal the host that they are not here, that they are not coming. However, the moment she opened her eyes, she was proven wrong. There, standing in front of her is Henry, one of her best friends, and behind him are the other guys, the four most important guys in her life. The guys that was there for her in good times and in bad, the guys that have loved her and accepted her for who she is, the people that can tolerate her mood changes, the guys that wanted nothing but what's best for her. These are the guys that she knows she can trust her life with because she knows that they really care about her, but these are also the guys that she pushed away at that point when she was trying to punish herself for being weak, and whom she thought has given up on her. Apparently, she was wrong.

Author's note:

Hi guys, sorry if I keep uploading short chapters a.. I feel like it's gonna be a super long one kasi if I put all in here e. In any case, Please enjoy! :)