Chapter 10

Sophie woke up early the next morning. She is such in a good mood today, plus, she has a lot to prepare for today. She immediately get up from bed and first, she prepared breakfast for her parents, then she started preparing the lasagna that she's going to bring to her old family. She also started baking some cookies and cupcakes, it's amazing how she does everything simultaneously.

At about 7:00 am, her parents went down to eat breakfast and they were obviously surprised to see Sophie in the kitchen.

"My beautiful daughter is up so early today, what is keeping you busy darling?" Her dad said.

"Good morning dad, mom." She greeted first. "I'm just preparing the food that I am going to bring to Papa and Mama and to Sab, and I also cooked our breakfast."

"Wow, let us check out your cooking baby." Her mom said

She just smiled and immediately finished what she was doing, then she ate breakfast with her parents. Just like the day before, it was a very light breakfast, they shared stories and stuff, they laughed and laughed until they finished eating. After breakfast, her parents went to their respective offices, and she went to her room to prepare for the day.

She took a shower and got dressed, she decided that she would go and buy them some clothes and stuff first, then she'll just go back to the house and grab the foods. It's gonna be easy for her since she knows all their styles and their sizes, plus, she agreed to meet Jeric at around 4pm so it would be around dinner time when they reach Antipolo.

Before going out, she checked her phone only to see two unread messages. The first one's from her mom, telling her to enjoy the day, and send her regards to her mama and papa. Then she checked the other message.

From: Jeric Teng

Hi, so excited for later. What are your parents like? Do I have to wear something conservative or can I just wear something comfortable?

She smiled at this one. Why would he be so worried at what he's going to wear? He's Jeric Teng. She's betting that even if he wore just a pair of sando and short and flip flops, it will still look good on him. She just then decided to answer.

To: Jeric Teng

Anything. Haha. Wear anything comfortable. They are the very chill type of people, so yeah, wear anything you want. And, see you later.. :))

After about a minute, her phone vibrated again.

From: Jeric Teng

Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up?

To: Jeric Teng

No. Haha. I'll just meet you at Gateway. It's gonna be a hassle for you if you're going to pick me up pa. :))

She did not wait for a reply and went out of the house to her car. She just decided that she's gonna be driving today, a thing she hasn't been doing for quite a while now. She then went for the nearest mall.

--------------------------------------

It was already 2pm when she reached home. She bought a lot for them. She missed them so much that she wants to give them something to apologize for not visiting them for quite a long time. She put everything that she bought on the trunk if her car and again she prepared herself. She just wore a simple shirt, the one she got from UP, then a pair of denim shorts and a pair of keds shoes.

She went down and reheated the foods that she cooked earlier.

"Aling Medi pwede po bang patulong akong ilagay 'tong mga 'to sa sasakyan?" She asked their helper when she finished preparing. "Pakitawag na din po si Manong Miguel, papahatid po ako sa Gateway."