Chapter 11

Jeric woke up the next morning with a smile plastered on his face. It is going to be a good day. He has no training today, so he lazily got up and checked on his phone. He has two unread messages.

From: Kevin Ferrer

Paps, may gagawin ka ba ngayon? Bonding naman tayo, miss ka na namin e. Hahaha.

He smiled upon reading this text and immediately replied.

To: Kevin Ferrer

Wala naman. Wala kaming training. Tara, G ako, san tayo?

As he waited for Kev's reply, he checked the other message.

From: Sophie Dela Paz

Hey there! Thanks again for yesterday. Anyway, have a good day! :))

He again smiled, he just realized that his relationship with Sophie has improved a lot ever since their first meeting. Aside from that, Sophie's attitude towards other people has improved too, he wasn't able to see that harsh and mean girl that he was able to see in that photo shoot. He smiled again. He remembered the first time that he saw her. He immediately felt something for her, that something makes him want to see her so bad, it makes him want to see right through her, because inside her, there is something broken that he needs to fix, but she just won't allow anyone to see it. He wonders why he feels that way, but, it's just the way that it is. And based from what he is seeing right now, it seems as if he is succeeding, she is opening up, and she is improving in a lot of ways.

He replied to the message.

To: Sophie Dela Paz

Hey, I already said no prob. Do you have any plans today?

He waited for a reply. He hopes that she is, he wanted his teammates to get to know her. After about a minute, his phone vibrated.

From: Sophie Dela Paz

I have some appointments this morning, something with some University stuff, but after lunch I'm already free. :))

He smiled again. Looks like the odds are in his favor.

To: Sophie Dela Paz

Okay, I'll fetch you. :))

From: Sophie Dela Paz

You could. But you don't know where my house is. Hahaha. Anyway, kita na lang tayo sa may Rockwell. :)))

To: Sophie Dela Paz

Okay, I'll just see you there.

After sending the text message he got another text. He checked it.

From: Kevin Ferrer

Bowling na lang daw paps.

Good! He thought.

To: Kevin Ferrer

Bowling na lang sa rockwell. After lunch a. See you and the boys!!

He checked the clock, it's just 10:00 am. It's still too early but he got up and ate his late breakfast. It's going to be a very fun day.

------------------------------------------

"Paaaaaps!!!!" The tigers chorused the moment they saw Jeric.

Jeric just laughed at them and gave each of them a fist bump and a manly hug.

"Paps, mukhang blooming na blooming ka a. Hahaha." Kev started the teasing.