Chapter 5

Sophie turned the dvd player off the credits rolled on the screen. She just finished watching dredd and Olympus has fallen. She wants to watch some more of her newly downloaded action movies but her eyes are about to give up. She is so sleepy. She had some trouble sleeping since that night at her parent's private court, where she met Jeric. It has been two days since that happened but she still cannot stop thinking about it. He was so kind, and he is such a gentleman to take care of her that night, considering that she is just a stranger. She is still wondering why she felt so comfortable around him that made her lose herself and show him who she used to be. Ever since the moment she decided to lose that part of herself, never once did she thought that it will come back again. And, suddenly, it will show up, when she is with a complete stranger. It is just so weird.

She lied down in bed still thinking of the same thing. Why? Maybe because he is really not a complete stranger. She smiled as she remembered how she used to be his fangirl. Yeah, you got it right, she was a fangirl of the Jeric Teng. She used to go crazy upon seeing him even just on tv, she even was so shocked when she first saw him in person that she has to ask her best friend to ask Jeric if she can have a photo with him. Those were her best times. That was way back before all of these things happened, when everything was still normal.

A knock on the door cut her out from all of the thinking that she has been doing since last night.

"Sophie, baby, can I come in?" Her mom asked.

"Sure mommy" she answered.

Her mom then came in smiling excitedly at her. Now that she thinks about it, she really do look like her mom. Looking at her feels as if she is looking at her older version.

Her mom sat at the edge of her bed and said excitedly "Baby, your birthday will be happening next week. Everything is all planned, we have the guest list of your friends, and we already found an escort, thanks to Monicka's help. Anyway, I came here to remind you that you will be doing the photo shoot with your escort today, you didn't forget right?"

Sophie stiffened at the question. She completely forgot about that shoot, she then tried her best to compose herself before answering her mother.

"No, mom, I haven't forgotten"

"Okay then, that's good. So, I will see you later. Do you want me to drive you there?" She asked.

"No mom, I'll be fine."

Her mother then stood up and left the room.

Right after she heard the door closed, she immediately grabbed her phone and checked her reminders. The photo shoot is at 4pm today, she then sighed in relief as she checked the time. It's just 12 noon. I still have plenty of time, but I better start preparing now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeric sat there, waiting for their turn. It's still him and the other staff, the De La Paz daughter isn't there yet. He guessed he is quite early, it's just quarter to 4, photo shoot is scheduled at 4. He is still waiting when the photographer caught his attention.

"Mr. Jeric Teng? Sir, you can proceed to that area to get your make up done. Nasa baba na daw po kasi si Ms. Sophie, may inaaasikaso lang, after po ng hair and make up nya, proceed na po tayo sa shoot"

He smiled at him and said "sure". He then went to the hair and make up room.

About a few minutes have passed and he saw another figure in his peripheral vision entering the make up room. He just ignored it and let the stylist finish doing what she is doing to him. After that, he turned to the other side to check on the full length mirror how he looked, and he was so shocked to see who was sitting there and being styled, it was... Her. She sat there beautifully, though it is obvious that she is looking so bored and uninterested with what the stylist is doing to her. She glanced up only to see him smiling at her. It is now her time to get shocked. What is he doing here? Sophie asked herself. It seems like she is still at the state of shock, when another voice from outside caught her attention.