Chapter 4

Jeric looked at her again. He doesn’t know how many times have he been doing that since he started playing and shooting. This weird girl is indeed beautiful, she has long black hair, quite petite, maybe about 5’7 tall and she definitely has some curves. She could be a head turner. And based from what Jeric can see right now, she is good in playing basketball. He can’t help but wonder why she wants to keep this place to herself when she has enough talents and skills to display.

Jeric is still looking at her when she attempted to do a cross over, and as she was power dribbling to the other side, she suddenly fell, then she started clinging to her right ankle, pain very evident on her face. He ran right away to help her.

“Are you alright?” he asked as he helped her stand up.

“Yeah. But I think I twisted my ankle”

Jeric instantly knows that she is lying. He was still looking at her when she fell, and he did not saw her twist her ankle, she just stepped on her right foot and fell. He had been in more injuries than you can imagine, and based on his experiences, the look on her ankle doesn’t seem to be an ankle that was just twisted several minutes ago. It seems like its a long term injury that has been recurred maybe when she stepped so hard on her right foot as she was doing the cross over. He then wondered why she is lying to him but just decided not to ask.

“It looks swollen. Can you stand up?” he asked.

“yeah. I can.” She then tried to stand up, but she fell again.

Looking at the state of her ankle, he then realized that she can’t stand up by herself any moment now. He then put one of his arms behind her knees, the other on her back and attempted to carry her when she pushed him.

“What are you doing?” she asked, still surprised by what he did.

“Isn’t it obvious? I am trying to carry you to the benches so you can sit and we can try checking it out. Because if I am going to let you walk to there or most probably crawl to there, then it will take us three hours at least. So, don’t you even try to object because if you do, I am seriously going to let you crawl.” He said quite angry and quite happy because she then became quiet, possibly admitting defeat. She sure is a tough one.

When he tried to lift her again, she just let him, but she obviously felt so awkward.

“Just stay here, I’ll just get some ice” Jeric said while putting her down on one of the chairs.

“Okay” she responded shyly.

He then went to go get some ice, he remembered there is a convenience store here nearby. He also got some drinks and food for her and some bandages for her ankle.

When he came back, she was exactly right where he left her. He laughed thinking of the possibility that she haven’t moved a bit ever since he left.

“Hey” he said to announce his presence.

She looked at him, and that was the only time that he was able to see her face up close. She’s even more beautiful right now. She has brown tantalizing eyes, which are not that huge but not that small either, but sure is beautiful, she also has those round and rosy cheeks and small pinkish lips. He realized that he was staring at her, so, before she could notice it, he immediately gave her everything that he bought.

“Thanks” she said while getting some ice and applying it to her sprained ankle.

“No problem”

She started applying the ice and then then Jeric helped her in putting some bandage to her ankle. After they are done with her ankle, they then started eating the foods that he brought.