Chapter 8

Cross Over chapter 8

Sophie woke up at the sound of the alarm. It’s a Thursday and she doesn’t have anything in her schedule. Wait, she might have one. She immediately got to her feet and grabbed her phone and checked if there was any reply from her friends. Sadly, there wasn’t any.

Maybe they are still mad at me. What I did is not very forgiveable. She sighed as she thought to herself. Accepting the fact that she will be staying at her house for the whole day today, she just went down to eat breakfast, and got her PS4 ready, it’s gonna be a 2K14 kind of day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeric went to the shower next, his teammates are still talking about something that he was not able to understand since he was so deep in his thoughts that he completely forgot about them. He is still thinking about what Jeron had said the previous night. Why would he want to hurt Sophie? Or maybe, he is not understanding everything, or he is not interpreting it correctly. Anyway, the best start to understand him would be to look at why does he always want to see her? She’s not very kind, she’s not sweet nor friendly either. Why would he want to always be with her, to see her thoughts and to know what she’s thinking. This feeling is very familiar to him. He felt it before, with... her. Is it possible that he likes Sophie? But, if that’s the case, then why is he still feeling that same pain upon hearing Sam’s name, why is he still feeling that heavy burden in his chest whenever something, or someone reminds him of her, why can’t he still say her name without hurting? Is it possible to like someone and at the same time, still hurt for somebody else?

“Aaarhgh this is confusing” He said in frustration.

“Hoy Jeric, nagsasalita ka ata mag-isa jan a.” Beau, his teammate said. That was when he recognized that he is not alone in the shower room, all the other cubicles are occupied.

Oh man. Did they all heard that? he thought to himself, and again, he sighed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jer, don’t pinch my nose. It already hurts” Sam complained, she was too cute  so Jeric decided to do it again, he pinched her nose again.

“Hey, I already said it hurts!” she complained again.

“Really? If it hurts, then let me remove the pain” and he leaned down to kiss her nose as he said that. She just chuckled and looked at the man in front of her. The man that she loves so much, she can look at this man for the rest of her life.

“Oh well, you’re forgiven.” She smiled at him, and again they looked at each other’s eyes. There is too much love from there, it seems that their lives would be very incomplete without each other.

He smiled at the memory. Everything was so perfect, they were inseparable, they were incomplete without each other. Until that day, the day that destroyed his life and left him broken and never to be fixed again, or so he thought.

Is it already time to give himself a chance to try again? Can he really do it? Is it already the chance that he has been waiting for? A chance to begin again? Maybe he is still not over her, maybe he is still hurting over that loss, but this could be a start.

Hopes started to rise for Jeric, hoping is something that he has mastered ever since he lost her, but right now, at least he can see some of this hopes coming into light. He smiled.

“Bakit ka nangingiti na naman ahia?” His not so little brother said cutting his train of thoughts. “2k tayo?” he said again.

Jeric then smiled, and got up from bed, he then set up the PS4 so they can start playing.