29: Hurt

Danny picked Cloud up. "Nana, hurry up."

"Coming," Nana held his jacket and Clouds diaper bag. "Let's go."

They left the room and went out. There was a winter festival in town. Danny thought it was going to get canceled because of everything that had happened. But that was not the case. It was still on, and he couldn't wait.

"Excited?" Danny held Cloud. He was warmly dressed. Cloud wiggle his hands. "You don't like mittens?"

"Too bad," Nana said. "You have to wear them. It is too cold."

Danny held his hand.

They arrived in town, and decorations were all over the place. It's beautiful.

"Over here!" Alice waved them over.

"Remember to behave," Nana said. "I know you, and San don't get along, but please try to get along."

"I'll try," Danny said.

"Aww, look at him," Lilac took Cloud. "Let's go take a picture. I'll bring him back, come on, Cat."

Danny watched them go. He smiled and held Nana. "I see Cat has adjusted."

"She has," Alice said. "And Cat isn't all bad attitude. She has happy moments."

"That's good," Nana said.

"Anyway," Alice smiled. "We girls are going to go shopping. And you boys can do your thing. Come on, Nana."

Nana kissed him. "See you in a bit."

Danny nod.

"You two aren't going to fight, are you?" Logan asked. "I mean you and San. I know you two don't get along. Because of Miley."

"I promise Nana I would behave," Danny said. "And I intend to keep that promise."

"I'll behave too," San said.

"So, how are you all feeling?" Danny asked. "Last time, you were all raging. Did anything come up from your blood work?"

"Nothing yet," Logan said. "I am still worried that we'll go into beast mode again. That day was the worst day of my life. I almost hurt Alice. But thankfully, I didn't. She smacked my nose."

"Ezra was the only one that didn't shift," Danny said. "You should keep training to let your spirit wolf control the beast."

"I'm working on it," Logan said. "Ezra is helping me. And San here almost has full control."

"I do," San said. "I won't have to worry about shifting at random times. And maybe I'll be able to be with Miley."

"And you have to bring her up," Logan said. "Didn't we talk about this."

"It's fine," Danny said. "Miley doesn't want anything to do with San."

"Because she is hurting," San said. "I will make it better for her."

Danny growled.

"Okay, you two," Ezra stepped in. "Let's go get something to drink."

Jack chuckled. "Come along, Danny. You need to calm down; your eyes are red."

Danny shook his head. "Sorry." He followed them to a nearby stand where they were selling different warm drinks. He bought a coffee and a freshly made bun. He stood there, drinking his coffee.

He looked around and saw Ashton being dragged around by Imani. He chuckled. Eventually, Alice took Imani away. Ashton walked over, carrying a unicorn. "How do you do it?" Ashton asked. "Make Imani run out of energy?"