twelve

My head hurts.

Like really hurts.

It's throbbing.

I open my eyes and cringe- Ike is leaning over me, giving me his signature gigantic smile.

Ike: How do you feel, buddy?

Like I'm going to hurl. When I don't respond, Ike shares an exasperated look with Noel.

I kind of enjoy being their trouble patient.

Well, I enjoy being their trouble, I don't enjoy being their patient. You know what I mean?

I sit up, letting out a groan as I practically feel my brains slosh around in my head.

I massage my temple as Noel starts to talk again.

Noel: Oh, don't worry. It's normal to feel a slight discomfort in the head after your procedure.

That's great to know, but it doesn't help to ease my pain at all.

Noel: But I have good news!

I'm sure you do.

Noel: You're definitely not real, so you can stay here in FicCity! But I'm sure that doesn't surprise you.

You don't say.

Noel: The grogginess and discomfort will start to clear up in a few moments, and then we'll get you settled in your own apartment! How does that sound?

I stare at her.

Ike: Well, why don't we step out for a minute or two and let you recover. There's a problem with your test results that we need to... um... revisit.

Ike sends a pointed glance to Noel, who looks rather concerned as they finally leave my room.

Finally, peace.

Oh, I miss you so much.

I don't know why, I mean, I've never even met you. Heck, I don't even know your name!

How stupid is that?

I really don't like it here.

I don't like this place, FicCity, or the people. Especially these people. I'm sure real people aren't like Ike and Noel.

But it is still better than my box, I guess.

You have it so good, being real, and you probably don't even realize it.

I hope that one day I'll find a way to become real... and meet you.

Just for a little while.

Or a long while.

A/N-

Guys. I. Am. Really. Sorry.

I kind of disappeared for the whole month of August- the whole month!

I've been super busy with vacation and now school, which started a week ago, and it just kept slipping my mind to update!

I promise I will try 2473794 million times harder to keep the updates coming for you.

And I know this is a shorter chapter, but I really felt like I owed you at least SOMETHING.

Hopefully this can hold you over until I write a longer chapter.

Again, I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE for a month of no updates.

Much love and many apologies,

Em