eight

I can tell that you're listening to me, I don't know how, but please just stay here just for a little while? I have big news.

I'm not in the room anymore.

They were actually being sympathetic towards me once you and I stopped... talking. They brought me food every day while you weren't around and they haven't hurt me in a while.

Today, they came and gave me food. When they left, I just followed them out of the hallway. They didn't even notice me behind them.

I couldn't keep up with them for long because they're very tall and they walk quickly. I tried hard to catch up with them but I began to tire.

Running felt so good because I had been so cramped in my tiny little room for who knows how long.

I don't think I've ever felt so happy.

I told you I would get out.

Anyway, I just sort of stood in the hallway for a while. Where was I supposed to go?

I started walking in a random direction.

I ran into one of them.

I looked at him.

He looked at me.

And then I walked away.

I looked back once and he smiled at me. It was a genuine smile- maybe he was happy for me.

I walked away from him and he watched me go and he didn't try to stop me and I left.

I got out of the building- it turns out I was in a skyscraper in the middle of a city. I wonder how I got in there.

And I wonder how long I had been in my room in there.

But right now I am out here, standing on the sidewalk in front of the building.

I am not afraid to talk to you now... because everyone out here is.

I don't know if the people out here are talking to you specifically- are they?- but everyone is walking around by themselves with their heads turned to the sky, talking to some invisible being just like I had been doing in my room.

I like it here.

But I'd like it more if you were here.

But I got out of that horrid building.

That's all that matters.

A/N- Oooooooh so exciting! ;) Sooo... what do you think so far? :D

Much love -Em