hell is where i dreamt of you and woke up alone

A hard knock on the door startled the sleeping girl on the couch. Another knock a few seconds later followed by a short, "Camila?" sounded through the small apartment. The sleepy college student slowly rose from her spot on the couch and peered through the peephole of her apartment door. A husky, scruffy man stood outside her door with a little yellow envelope between his fingers. It was her neighbour Elijah who lived across from her door. The brunette turned the doorknob with one hand and rubbed her sleepy eyes with the other.

"What's up, Elijah?" Camila asked the older man, a yawn escaping her plump lips right after.

"I got your mail again. It looks pretty important, so I thought I'd come right over to give it to you." He smiled his slightly crooked smile and offered the small envelope to the equally small girl.

"Thanks," the Latina offered him a small smile, looking down at the letter in her hands before starring back up at Elijah. The older guy gave a quaint nod before turning on his heels and entering his apartment.

Camila sat back into her comfortable position on the couch before she was disturbed. She turned the envelope in her hand and read the address. She was slightly puzzled; the address wasn't familiar to her. Her slender finger found the slit of the envelope and moved through it, opening the sealed paper along the way. Her brown eyes trailed over the cursive writing slowly, taking in every word so elegantly put down.

To Camila Cabello,

You are cordially invited to celebrate the wedding of Y/N Y/L/N and Normani Kodei.

When: Saturday 2:00 PM, July 7th, 2018

Where: Horizon Beach Front, followed by a reception at Brooke's Bar and Grill

Please RSVP by May 24th, 2018

She couldn't believe her eyes; Y/N was getting married to her ex-fiancé. Camila was so naïve back when they were children to let something so precious slip away. Y/N lied, but it should have been forgiven. Now she was getting married to the person who was the real cause behind the lie.

A tear fell from Camila's right eye; this was not something to cry about. She was happy Y/N was happy, but it still hurt when the love of her life was in the arms of someone else. Camila slowly collected her things and headed out the apartment door, not bothering to change into anything nice or at least fix her hair; she wasn't in the mood right now. Class was in an hour and she needed something to do to keep her mind off of Y/N and the wedding.

---

"I got an invitation," Camila choked into the phone. She had returned from class and collected herself some dinner before slumping onto her bed and phoning the one friend who had stuck by her through all the shit.

"What invitation? What for?" Dinah asked, sensing whatever it was, was about to cause a lot of heartache for the small girl once again.

"An invitation to a wedding... Y/N's wedding..." Camila managed to squeak out before the waterworks began. Dinah gasped on her side of the line.

"Oh, Mila..." Dinah cooed. "Why don't you come over later? Lauren and Ally will come too. We can have a girl's night."

"I can't Dinah... I just want to lay here and die." Camila sunk deeper into her bed, ready to end the call.

"Yeah, sweetie. Whatever you want." Dinah could feel her friends heart breaking all over again.

"Maybe you and the girls can be my dates to the wedding," Camila joked, but really the revelation only made her heart and head hurt more.

Dinah could only hope her friend could pull through it this time around.

---

Weeks had passed, and it was finally the day of the wedding. Camila looked stunning in a little strapless black dress that stopped in the middle of her thighs. A pair of peep-toe heels and a sequin clutch completed the look.

"I can do this," she whispered to herself as she fixed her makeup in the mirror by her front door. After a few minutes of collecting herself, the Latina finally made her way down the stairs to where her friends were waiting in Lauren's black Mini Cooper. "Hey, guys." Camila smiled as she slid into the back seat next to Ally.

"Are you ready, Camila?" Lauren asked, turning around and grabbing her hand.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Camila nodded her head, giving Lauren's hand a firm squeeze to reassure her. The other Cuban started the car and they were off to the wedding.

Y/N stood in the dressing room at the church, her wedding day. Four years ago, she had thought her wedding day would be with the person who knew her best, Camila. Today, though it was Normani She loved Normani sure, but she wasn't Camila. The Latina and her had stopped seeing each other after she got the job at Hansen's College. She didn't tell her about Normani, her ex-fiancé at the time, who also had a teaching job at Hansen's. This resulted in a break-up and the last words Camila ever said to her was, "until today, you were the one girl who had never lied to me."

Y/N was whipped out of her thoughts by the sound of her older brother Nathaniel knocking on the door.

"You ready sis?" Nathaniel asked, coming into the door.

"Uhh, yeah sure," the bride-to-be replied with no emotion. She walked out the corridor stopping behind the closed doors. As she heard the beginning of the wedding song started, the small wooden doors opened, and she walked through. Her steps were slow paced, and a nervousness resonated amongst her. Y/N finally arrived at the altar, turning to face her soon-to-be wife.

There she stood now looking out towards the people who were sitting in their seats. Y/N sucked in a breath, there was Camila with her three best friends close behind in their seats. Y/N was looking at Normani but also at Camila. Camila looked pained, Y/N noted, like she had been crying for five days straight.

"We are gathered together on this beautiful afternoon to share with Normani and Y/N as they exchange vows of their everlasting love. If anybody has any reason these two should not be married speak now or forever hold your peace." Silence filled the air, Y/N looked at Camila, and they both locked eyes.

Camila slowly stood up, tears now spilling down her cheeks.

"I object..." Camila chocked out, gasps from everybody in the church filled the air. "Y/N you can't marry her. What you and I had, that was real, that was perfect. It was always right Y/N, please..." Camila pleaded to her ex-lover. Camila looked around the church, people were mad. She looked at Y/N with her puffy eyes, and she shook her head heading for the door. Halfway down the aisle, she stopped looking back at Y/N. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..." She spoke and hurried down towards the door.

Camila shoved open the door, leading to the small stairs, the sun beating down on her face. She fell to her knees hiding her face in her hands.

Y/N wasn't coming. It had been too long.

Camila lost the best thing that ever happened to her, and it was all her fault.

---

don't ask for a part two.

not proofread.