the only exception

"Hey, babe?" Y/N mumbles from next to me, clicking random buttons on her phone for a moment before she fully turns to meet my eyes. I raise a questioning eyebrow, looking up from my lyric book to address my girlfriend.

"Yup," I reply, popping the 'P'.

"Can we get a picture?" The blue-eyed girl asks, showing me the open camera app on her phone. I contemplate for a second, but that's all it is, a second, before a fall for those blue-eyes and nod my head, moving closer to the girl to get into the picture. "Say, cheese!" She cheers, positioning the camera in front of us where we both smile brightly into the lens. Just as Y/N is about to click the capture button, I turn my head to place my lips on her soft cheeks and her smile grows even more if that is possible.

The click of the camera going off is what pulls me away from the girl after I deliver the kiss.

"Let me see," I mumble, crawling onto my girlfriend's lap so that my back faces her front and her arms loop around my waist as she brings the phone in front of us. "Aw, babe. We look so good," I coo, feeling my own lips form a large smile as I look at myself with my beautiful girlfriend. Y/N's lips brush over the skin on my neck and I immediately feel Goosebumps take over my skin.

"Can I post it?" She mumbles into my neck, running her hands up and down my sides under my loose-fitting tank top. I think for a moment if I really want it posted but realize a moment later that I don't care because it's my girlfriend that I love so much.

"Of course, baby."

---

The sight of a finger coming into my preferable vision is what snaps me out of my thoughts about a certain blue-eyed girl.

"Hey!" I whine, snapping the hand away from my fries on my plate, growling a little possessively at the sight of Y/N trying to steal them. I turn my head to see the innocent look on my girlfriend's face as she frowns adorably and pouts. "Ugh, don't do that," I groan, looking away so I don't succumb.

"But, baby," she whines, moving closer to me in the booth of this dinner where we are sitting and having lunch. "I want some," she mumbles, depositing small kisses to the exposed part of my shoulder blade.

"I offered to buy you some," I remind the girl, turning my head to look at her again as she lays her head on my shoulder but turns her head to look up at me.

I didn't want them before though," Y/N sighs, and I know she will keep acting like a baby until she gets some. It's not like I can keep saying no to that face anyway.

"Gosh, fine," I tut, faking as if it was a big deal when really, I would share my food with her any day; I just love her too much.

"Thank you, my love."

---

"Move over," a tired voice makes me open my eyes from my half slumber. I look up to see the blue-eyed girl hovering over me as she tries to climb into bed but I am taking up all the room. I shift quickly, wanting to cuddle with my girlfriend and get back to sleep.

"Hurry up," I whine, opening up my arms so that she can curl into them. Y/N places her face on my neck, leaving a small kiss as she wraps her arms around my waist while mine goes around her neck.

"Goodnight," the girl lets out between a long yawn, shifting a little more so that she can tangle our legs together.

"What the shit?" I yell out, jumping a little in my spot but not going anywhere with Y/N's arms still locked around me.

"What?" My girlfriend mumbles, burying her head deeper into my neck.

"Your feet are so fucking cold," I protest, trying to move my feet away from hers as she moves the closer for warmth.