Chapter 1

FLASHBACK

A piercing scream rips through the air hitting my peacefully sleeping ears. Bolting awake I run towards the screams of my mother. The usually closed door at the end of the hallway leading to my parents room is now wide open. Inside I can see a man covered in black from head to toe holding the only weapon that can kill a Vampire; a stake.

The intruder raises the stake and I quickly turn my head away. The screams suddenly stop and the house is eerily quiet as I turn to see my mothers lifeless body in the hands of the intruder with a protruding stake right through her heart. My eyes fill with tears watching as the intruder turns his head to face me. I gasp as his blood red eyes look me over. After a few moments a small smirk appears on his face and he drops my mothers body to the now bloodstained floor below her.

My face instantly floods with terror as he slowly makes his way towards me. My small body takes a step back as my arms search around me for some type of weapon that I can use to fend him off. Even if I was to find a weapon, how was a 5 year old little girl going to fend off a hundred year old Vampire rogue?

I quickly spin around running down the stairs as fast as my little legs can carry me, only to be pulled back into the chest of the intruder. I scream as loud as I can in hopes that maybe one of my neighbors will hear me. The intruder slaps a hand over my mouth and whispers in my ear. "Shhhhh.... wouldn't want to wake the neighbors now would we?"

He releases his hand from my mouth and I don't scream. My whole body is trembling from head to toe and my body breaks down with sobs and silent pleas for help.

The intruder turns me around squatting so he can look me in the eye. "I'm not going to hurt you little one. Well, not yet anyways." he says smirking. "I will come for you on your 18th birthday and kill you just as I killed your parents. But for now I will let you live."

He grabs one of my trembling arms while he takes another stake out of his jacket. He takes the stake and slashes it down my arm from my elbow to my wrist. I let out another scream biting my lip from the excrutiating pain going through my arm.

"Something to remember me by." The intruder says smirking again. "Oh and by the way, my names Drakul. One day you will understand why I did this and realize that I wasn't the enemy here, your parents were. I was just fixing... a little kink in the plan you would say." He then stands up and walks out the front door into the night. I sit curled up in a ball trembling in the middle of the hallway with tears freely streaming down my face.

END OF FLASHBACK

PRESENT

I dont like walking

around this old and

empty house.

So hold my hand

I'll walk with you

my dear.

The stairs creak as

you sleep it's

keeping me awake.

It's the house telling

you to close your eyes.

I stop singing and turn Little Talks by Of Monster and Men off. I turn and see the sign welcoming me to my new life. WELCOME TO SPRINGFIELD.

*********************************************

Authors Note: First chapter done, wheww! Well tell me what you think so far. Comment. Vote, Fan. Do whatever you want. I will upload the next chapter if I get 5 votes :) C'mon it's not that hard. All you have to do is press a button. :D