Chapter 9

My mouth opens and closes stupidly as I try to find words to conjure up. I knew this moment was going to come, but I didn't think it would happen so quickly. Alright alright I have to think about the pros and cons to this situation.

Pros: First, I get to live with my sexy mate. Second, I'll have protection if Drakul decides to attack me. Third, I get to sleep next to Derek every night. Cons: slim to none.

My body shaking brings me out of my thoughts and I realize Derek is shaking me with a concerned look on his face. "Are you alright? You zoned out for a few minutes."

I smile faintly "Yea I'm fine."

"You don't have to move in with me if you don't want to. I just figured that it would be safer for you and we could be together more and you could get to know the pack you'll rule and and..." I put his face in between my hands and softly kiss him.

"You're cute when you ramble." I whisper

He chuckles softly and rakes his hand through his hair. "So do you want to mo-"

I place a finger on his lips "I will move in with you on one condition."

His eyes lighten up and he smiles "And what is that my love?"

I take a big breath. "You have to promise me, that when Drakul comes in these next few weeks, that you will not get involved. I don't want you to get hurt. Promise me that you will stay with me until his body is nothing more than ashes on the ground."

He looks deeply into my eyes "I promise." He then kisses my forehead and a small smile falls faintly on my lips.

"Well what are we waiting for then? I have to pack, there's so much to do!" I say excitedly

"Woah, woah, woah. Settle down. I'm glad that you're excited, but we have plenty of time to pack and settle into the pack house. For now, let's just finish our breakfast and we can worry about all the packing stuff later."

"Fine." I pout and stuff a forkful of eggs in my mouth. My eyes close in pure bliss "Mmmm this is so good." I open my eyes again and am surprised when Derek is staring at me from across the table with his eyes flickering colors.

"What?" I ask

His voice comes out low and husky and he closes his eyes tightly "Please don't do that again or we will never finish breakfast." About a minute later of what looks like pure concentration on his part, he opens his eyes and the familiar warm brown fills them.

I grin "Sorry" I say not so sympathetically

He smiles "You will be the death of me Amy."

After that the room fills with silence as our plates slowly get emptier and emptier. Without any innapropriate sounds might I add.

After we clean our plates and gather up the leftovers we both head to my room and start to pack up my stuff. Clothes after clothes make there way into suitcases and all the toiletries and undergarments, that Derek tried to get a glimpse of multiple times all made there way into seperate bags. We throw the bags into the back of his truck and get in. I glance back one more time at my cozy home and turn back when it goes behind the treeline.

He looks over at me and frowns a little bit when he realizes how sad I look. "Hey, cheer up. You're going to love it at the pack house, and you can come back to your old house whenever you want."

"Are you sure that your pack will like me?" I ask

"They will all love you." He reassures me

After a few more winds in the road leading deeper into the forest we reach an opening which reveals what looks to be like a small town.