Chapter 8

Hello ma peeps. I know it's been a little while. I've been meaning to update this last week but it's the Holidays and I've been busy just about all day everyday. This is the first day I've had nothing to do and I am spending that time writing this chapter for you guys. I hope you enjoy! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------

I awake and instantly notice the coldness of the bed beside me. Turning my head to the empty spot confirms that Derek is no longer in bed with me. A frown plasters my face but the aroma of food suddenly hits my nose and I know exactly where he went. I climb out of bed and grab Derek's shirt off the floor to cover my naked and sore body.

The kitchen is covered with multiple plates of bacon, eggs, toast, you name it and it's probably here. Dereks stands in front of my stove with his back to me wearing his deliciously dark jeans hanging low off his hips and no shirt revealing his perfectly tanned and toned body as he flips the pancakes cooking.

"Goodmorning" I say while wrapping my arms around his waist. He tenses for a second but relaxes when he realizes it's me. He turns in my arms to face me and grins when he realizes I'm wearing his shirt. He leans down and sweetly kisses me on my forehead.

"Goodmorning Amy, I hope you're hungry cause I uh kind of went a little overboard with the whole cooking thing." He says running a hand through his misheveled hair while letting loose a small chuckle.

Vampires can eat normal food it just doesn't satisfy our thirst for blood, it can still make us fat though. Sadly.

I smile "I'm starving, and how does my "ancient" stove work now?" I ask pointing to the perfectly cooked golden pancakes and the delicious looking food surrounding us. His eyes narrow "I guess it's ok."

"Ok? It works wonderfully you liar."

"Are you calling me a liar Amy? I don't like false accusations." He states

"Yes, because you are and you know it."

He mischievously smiles "Take it back."

"No."

"You better take it back."

"Or what?" I ask crossing my arms.

Derek picks me up and throws me over his shoulder walking me over to my couch and plopping me down on top of it. He takes off his belt and ties it tightly around my wrists holding down my protesting body in the process. He then loops it around the arm rest officially tying me to my own couch. My feet kick towards him but instead of landing blows to him it only succeeds in slowly riding up his shirt that I'm currently wearing. I stop kicking when I notice this and frown deeply at him.
He grins"No, keep kicking. In a few moments I'll get a really good view."

"Im not kicking anymore you asshole, now untie me!"

"Woah, language little mate. I told you not to call me a liar anymore, you had this coming. I also quite like the position you're in. So vulnerable and open to me." He places his hand on my thigh and lightly drags it up lifting the shirt in the process.

I hiss "Don't you dare, I think the pancakes are burning!"

He laughs "The pancakes are fine." His hand is now dangerously close to my core.

My breathing hitches "Ok! Ok! You're not a liar!" I scream at him

His hand instantly lifts up and pulls the shirt back to it's original position and I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. "Good, now was that so hard to say?" He asks while untying my hands.

"Asshole." I mumble under my breath

"Im sorry what was that? I couldn't quite hear you."

"Oh I was just saying how much I wanted to eat all the delicious food you prepared." I say with a big smile

"Now you're the liar."

The smell of something being burnt fills the air and I laugh. "You did burn the pancakes!"

Derek rushes to the stove and grabs the pan rushing over to the sink to stop the smoke before it reaches the smoke detectors. But to no avail the loud beeping fills the room and I sigh. "Now look what you did!" I yell over the beeping. I grab a rag and fan the smoke out of the kitchen. After a few minutes the beeping stops and I can relax. I sit down at the kitchen table and just think.

"This has been the most eventful morning of my life!"

Derek wipes his hands off on a rag and walks over to me. "Atleast we still have food, minus the pancakes though." He says with a grin.

"That's true, what are we waiting for then. Give me the food so I can get fat, and um can you uh hand me a bag of the uh red stuff from the fridge?" I ask shyly.

He doesnt even hesitate grabbing the bag from the fridge and handing it to me. He then piles two huge plates full of amazing looking food and sets them down in front of us. "This looks amazing Derek, where did you learn to cook?"

His looks off into the distance as if remembering a long lost memory. "My Mom taught me, when I was young I would help her in the kitchen and make food for the pack and any leftovers we had at the end of the day we would give to the homeless shelter down the road. We always had a lot of leftovers."

My heart swells, could this guy get any more perfect? "That's so nice of you to do that, I wish I could name one good deed I've done in my life. But honestly, I'm not that great of a person."

"Don't ever degrade yourself like that again. Whatever you've done in the past is done and over with. This is the present and the only thing we have to worry about is your safety these next few weeks. And that leads to the reason I made this huge breakfast for us this morning."

My face turns to confusion. "There was a reason for this breakfast?"

"Yes. Will you, Amy Lawrence. My beautiful mate, move in to the pack house with me?"

-----------------------------------------

Hello :) We got to see the more playful side of Derek and Amy this chapter. Will Amy move in with Derek or is she still worried about the whole Drakul situation? Dun dun dunnnnn haha well thanks for reading. Like, vote, comment, do whatcha wanna do. Byeeee!
-Lauren