32 » break free

Song for the chapter: MEDICINE— The 1975

I find it hard to say bye
Even in the state of you and I
And how can I refuse?
Yeah, you rid me of the blues
Ever since you came into my life

Ps take note of the times and the day number written because it'll be easier to understand x

» NIALL »

TIME: 7.12 AM, DAY 1

"Dad, please tell me what the hell is going on?" Niall frets, desperately clutching onto his father's arms anxiously.

"Why.. why's there someone capturing Harry? Why is he even here? And why's there two of you?! Please dad, please tell me you know what's going on." By now, Niall's crying, too many emotions flooding and crashing down on him. Confusion, frustration, desperation, anxiety... everything.

The same look of confusion is still painted on the father's face, though there's a hint of anger in his eyes.

"I can't answer that, son. I too have no idea what's going on."

"Well can't you do something about it?" Niall frets. "Some... imposter over there is capturing Harry, who, is absolutely bonkers for even being here! How the bloody gallows did he even get here?! In fact, how is he even a freaking merman?? That stupid fish head, what's he trying to get himself into? He's just asking for his stupid... gorgeous tail to be bitten off! Dad, please go do something! Please make sure there won't be any harm coming his way."

Niall's shaking his father's arm desperately, frustrated tears brimming up in his ocean blue eyes, just waiting to spill.

His father sighs sadly. "Ni.. I can't just go up there and demand what's happening-"

"Why not?" Niall cuts him off briskly. "You're the chief guard, dad! Surely you can do something? I'm sure Harry didn't even do anything wrong!"

"Niall, you need to understand that whatever plan that that imposter is planning is definitely no good. They obviously don't want me knowing what's going on and this whole thing could be a trap for all we know. The second I confront them, it could put Harry in danger. We need to think this through logically. Okay?"

"But... fine." Niall huffs reluctantly when his father shoots him a stern look.

"Get some rest yeah? It's still early, and I'm sure you didn't get much sleep the last couple of nights," he gestures to the growing bags under Niall's once bright blue eyes. "Don't worry, I'll figure something out."

"Wait dad," Niall stops him from leaving the room. "I want Harry safe, but I want you to be safe too, okay? Whether it's a trap or not, just.. be careful?"

His father's tensed features soften before he's nodding slowly.

"I will." He smiles lightly. "Get some rest, Ni."

With a last half smile, his father leaves the room, leaving Niall alone. Again.

Niall sighs sadly to himself, swimming over to the small window, staring out of it to see the streets now completely empty. No sign of his father's imposter, no sign of Harry. The only signs of life are fishes swimming about freely.