06 » aquacia

my heart is so freakin warm just looking at the gif aww and his smile good god, I think my heart's about to burst

» NIALL »

"Where the hell have you been, Ni? I was worried sick." Zayn scolds.

"No where." The younger lad grins innocently, the smile on his face refusing to falter.

His best friend sighs deeply. "You've been up to the surface again, haven't you?"

Again, Niall simply smiles, refusing to answer answer, as he shrugs nonchalantly.

"What were you thinking Niall? Are you crazy?" Zayn scolds his best friend in a harsh whisper with a disapproving look on his face.

"The voices in my head told me to? They do have pretty great ideas." The younger lad tries to crack a joke, smiling innocently, to which Zayn only responds by a disapproving scowl on his face.

The smile on Niall's face falls and he's sighing deeply, releasing little pockets of air bubble from his lips letting them float back up to the surface.

"Your father is gonna go nuts if he found out you've been sneaking off to watch a..." the dark haired lad looks around suspiciously. "Human." He whispers harshly, as though that word alone is poison.

"Zayn, no, no, please, please don't tell dad." Niall says anxiously, tears starting to build up in in his bright blue eyes at the thought of not seeing the gorgeous human again.

"Ni..."

"Please Zee." He begs, grabbing onto Zayn's arm.

He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Please Zaynie," he desperately tries again. "He's really nice."

Zayn sighs deeply, shaking his head. "You know the history of your father and humans, Ni... he hates them ever since-"

"But he's different!" Niall interrupts, protesting feebly, his heart warming slightly at the thought of Harry. "I swear he's different!"

"All humans are the same. They're nothing but horrible marine killers and they do nothing but ruin our home!" Niall winces slightly at Zayn's harsh tone.

But Niall's shaking his head despite Zayn's hard attitude. "You don't understand! Harry is different!"

Zayn's hazel eyes widen. "You know his name?!" He hisses. "Good god, Ni! It's like you're asking to be killed!" He snaps at his best friend. "Have you gone bonkers?! How do you even know his name?"

Niall keeps his head down, his nose burning up, tears stinging his bright blue eyes.

Zayn sighs, his features on his best mate softening. He swims the short distance over to Niall, wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"I'm just trying to keep you out of trouble, bud." Zayn says gently.

"I know you are." Niall mumbles, leaning his head on his best friend's shoulder. "But please Z... just trust me on this? Harry Styles is a good person."

Zayn sighs, moving Niall out of his arms. "You haven't answered my question. How do you know his name?" He questions.

Niall sighs. "I just... I heard some of his friends call him that." He lies. But Niall being Niall, the innocent lad is absolutely crap at lying. With his blue eyes refusing to meet Zayn's, fiddling fingers and twirling tail, Zayn can see right through him.