The Slip Kid

It wasn't very long before they all were standing in a room in some sort of a wooden building, most likely the Slip Kid's office. Then a tall figure came round the corner, the Slip Kid. Clancy Grey, so much for 'if I can be cure, you can be cured' bullshit. Alex thought to yourself. "Clancy Grey, I knew you weren't reformed," Chubs said stepping forward. "Yeah, not reformed, you must be Chubs the smartest green in the country, Zu, the cutest gold, Liam Stewart, the hero who broke 100 kids out of Caledonia and a blue, and Alex, the only known purple," Clancy said turning to look at each person as he talked about them but his gaze lingered on Alex and she did not like it and by the looks of it neither did Liam as he put a protective arm around her waist. "You're quite special Alex, you and me, we could be quite powerful together, we could stop the government together," he said and awkward silence passed, until Clancy spoke up again, "I'm kidding, we don't use people here." Even though he said that, Liam still held her closer to him, it was nice. "Mike will show you guys to the cabin, cabin 18," he said, saying the last part to Mike and they all followed him to cabin 18.

"I don't like the way he talked to you," Liam said after Chubs and Zu fell asleep. "He was joking Li," Alex said turning in her bed to face Liam, who was in his bed staring at the roof of the cabin. "I know but I-I saw you tense up when he said 'we could stop the government together' and I know one of your biggest fears is having to go up against them," Liam said turning on his side to face her. "I know but he also said that they don't use people here, so I don't think I'll have to go up the government anytime soon, now we should get some sleep," she said closing your eyes and letting sleep overcome her.

The next day

Alex woke up to the sound of children laughing, a sound she never thought she'd hear again. "Morning," Chubs said as she was walking to the bathroom. "Morning," she replied. Alex got to the bathroom, washed her face, brushed her teeth, got dressed into a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, a grey shirt and her leather jacket, put her hair in a high ponytail then headed out to get her work assignment, Alex wasn't given one and Mike told her to go see Clancy. Great, she thought to yourself. 

Alex reached Clancy's wooden office and knocked on the door. "Come in," he yelled. When she walked in Clancy got up from his chair and walked over to her. "I wasn't given a work assignment and was told to come and see you instead so," Alex said as Clancy walked towards her. "I want you to teach me," he said as he reached her. "Teach you want?" She asked. He motioned to the sofa and they both sat down. "I heard what you did to Lady Jane, controlled her, I wanna know how to do that," he replied, shifting in his seat to face her. "One problem I don't know how I did it, I guess it was more out of instinct, I knew she was gonna hurt Liam, Chubs and Zu and I couldn't let that happen so my powers just kinda took over but shouldn't you know how to do that I mean you are an orange," Alex said, not really wanting to talk about what could've happened that day if her powers didn't go in to over drive. "I am an orange yes but I don't know how to make people get in a car and drive to who knows where and I wanna know how," he said. Did he not hear me, I don't know how I did it. Alex thought to herself. "Clancy, I don't know how I did it," Alex said, she felt like you were repeating herself over and over with this guy. "So, lets figure it out, together," he said, she wasn't sure if wanted to, at least not with him. "Okay, I'm down," she said, even though she wasn't sure if she was down for it.

The next few days of being at the camp Alex barely saw her friends. Zu was always playing with her newly found friends, Chubs was put on gardening duty with other greens, Liam was on guarding duty with other blues and she was always busy trying to figure out how to do, whatever she did to Lady Jane with Clancy, usually without success and today was no different. "Okay, so today was another unsuccessful day, lets try again tomorrow," Clancy said. After that she left and went back to their cabin, everyone was already asleep, so she climbed into her bed and joined them in the land of sleep.