The search!

—on to the job at hand!!—

Lucy's POV

Kaede's village was 10 miles north of Tully village, up on a mountain, so we took a wagon.

"Gaaaagh!! Land!!" Yelled Natsu as he stumbled off the train.

"Pull your self together flame brain, geez!" Gray spouted.

Natsu jumped and the two boys slammed their shoulders together, fist in each other's faces.

"Want me to fix that ugly face of yours ice prick!" Natsu growled.

"How about I fix yours!" Gray scoffs back.

Erza's face darkened, "boys we're all friends riiight? With a frightening calm voice.

"Yes ma'am!! The best of friends!" They yelled in unison while hugging. 

Happy groaned about being hungry as I snickered, while rolling my eyes. Then, Wendy and Carla pulled out the map, as Erza and I join them.

Natsu's POV

I watched Lucy as she stood with our other team mates, as they researched the map. I left my pulse quicken. The wind carried her scent nicely, causing me to think back on touching her soft skin.

"Ah uhmm" Gray cleared his throat and bumping me. "What ya looking at?" He asked teasingly. But before I could flash him annoyed look, he follows my gaze. Landing on Lucy, right as her skirt flutters in the wind. She quickly grabs it, holding it down.

"Oooh!" He teasingly whispers. "Lucy huh?" He grins.

"Zip it ice stripper!" I yell, but a little louder then planned. Earning a death glance from Erza.

"Yikes!" I cringed.

The girls ended up getting a room at The Frozen Hearth inn that night..

Lucy's POV

Everyone was fast asleep. But me..

I walked out on the balcony and leaned forward against the railing. Looking up at the stars, the air was crisp with a chill. I sighed as I heard someone step out on the balcony behind me.

Suddenly, two muscular, warm arms wrapped around me, his chin then rested on my shoulder.

"Pretty isn't it?" Natsu whispered in my ear.

I smiled, but I wanted to look at him, so I turned around, resting my back against the railing. I was now facing Natsu, still smiling. He then leans his forehead against mine and rubs his nose against mine, with a grin.

Natsu's POV

'Finally got her back in my arms!' I think to myself. But it doesn't last long as she yawns. I rub my thumb on her cheek before grabbing her hand. I lead Lucy back to her bed to sleep. I return to my own as Happy snuggles up to me.

—next morning—

A priest with the name of Cronus had sent the request out to the guild. The job at hand was defeating a band of take over mages by the name of yokai wolves. That have been kid napping women and slaughtering men that go out side of the village trails..

"Alright! Let's get these bastards!" Natsu says excitedly.

"These guys sound scary.." Wendy shivers.

"Hope they aren't like Mira.." Lucy says as Erza agrees, "yes that would make this a rather difficult task."

"Stay close to me Carla!" Happy says protectively.

"Oh please Tom cat, I'm stronger than you." Carla sighs with a roll of her eyes. After walking for several hours, the group still hasn't seen hide nor hair of the wolves.

"Arrrgh! Come out ya pieces of shits and fight!" Natsu yells annoyed.

Silence..

Team Natsu then decides to have a bite to eat from the lunch they'd brought. Undenounced to them that they were being watched from deeper within the forest.

Yokai wolves-

"Oi! They look tasty!" Wolf one sneered.

"We wait for Koga!" Wolf two glares back.

"Look at those little kitty's!" Wolf three drooled.

"Rather have that blonde." Wolf four licked his lips.

"Pinky might give us trouble though." The fifth said while thinking out loud.

"No worries boys." Growled Koga the leader, who had just showed up. They continued to whisper amugest themselves.

Lucy's POV

I laid back on the grass after I finished my sandwich. It was such a nice day, the grass was soft and lush, as I huffed a relaxed sigh.

From there I watched the clouds as the others talked in the background. I then felt as if I was being watched..

So I calmly looked around, trying not to alarm anyone, just Incase. Not noticing anything out of the ordinary, I found myself glancing Natsu's way.

In which he caught me doing and winked at me. The sudden display of affection caused me to blush and look away.

When I did, is when I noticed the leaves of a bush rustling. I sat up and squinting, I tried to get a better look..