Unmarked Mates- Chapter 8

• Dedicated to All my fans :)

Chapter 8

I quietly got off the bed, praying that Max, asleep beside me didn’t wake up. Looking on the floor, I realised that the dress I wore last night had been ripped right from the top and down to the bottom, great. Now what am I supposed to wear?

Putting on my underwear and bra, I tiptoed over to a walk-in closet on the side of the room and grabbed a black t-shirt of Max’s, which I pulled over my head. Luckily it came down just between my knees and thigh so that it didn’t show anything. Much.

After we left the bar last night, Max brought me over to an apartment that he’d rented out, which was only a few blocks away from the club.

I walked back out only to realise that Max was awake, with a smirk on his face, "Never thought I'd actually sleep with Svetlana Blake again, it’s really a great honour,"

"Not the first time you said that," I mumbled and walked over to where my heels were lying and then put them on.

He laughed "Of course it’s not,"

"Do you happen to know where my purse is?" I asked, scanning my eyes around the room

"Yep," he pulled out my black purse from under the covers; I walked over to him and reached for it-only for it to be tucked behind his back

"I have a question," he said, "and if you ever want to see this purse alive, you won’t lie."

“Fine.”

“Did you kill Nikki Daniels?”

I held my breath.

“You already know the answer.”

He nodded, “Yes, but I want to hear it from you.”

“I killed Nikki,”

“Damn girl you sure have some balls,” he said, clearly amused, and then serious again “You do know what the Council will do when they find out, right?”

I looked away. Sure I did but that didn’t stop me.

I could feel his eyes on me, probably curious as to what I was thinking.

Max got out of the bed, in all his glory. I made sure not to look below his wait.

He took a few steps towards me and lifted a hand to cup my right cheek.

“You can reach up to high places that no one ever will, without even moving a muscle,” he whispered. “The key is patience. You’ve waited all this time, you can wait a little longer, just don’t do anything stupid to ruin all that you have accomplished.”

I stared at him. He was right, I’ve waited all this time never doing anything to ruin my plan and then I go and kill Nikki just because Chad wanted to marry her.

“I want my children to have their rightful positions when the time comes, if I didn’t kill Nikki then my pack would have separated from Chad’s, meaning my son couldn’t become Alpha or even worse Chad would have taken him away from me.”

He sighed and stepped back, “I get it, you did what you had to do,” he said crawling back into bed, with the sheets covering him, thank god.

“You know we could talk more over breakfast in a few hours, I still have tons to ask you.”

Sitting on the edge of the bed, I turned to face him, “I slept with you, and you gave me the information that I needed. So what makes you think that I want to answer your questions?” I asked.

“They’re simple questions that you can answer so I can sleep in peace tonight.”

“What do you mean?”