Unmarked Mates - Chapter 15

Please ignore any spelling or grammatical errors. Enjoy.

________________________

Chapter 15

"Shh, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay..." Cassandra cooed in a motherly tone I never knew she was capable of. I was lying in an unfamiliar bed in an unfamiliar room with my head resting on Cassandra's lap while the doctor cleaned up and bandaged the unwanted mark

It took Eric, my uncle and a couple Castle Guards to rip Chad off of me. After that I was in a sort of trance. I have no idea how I got into this room and what happened to Chad. Part of me hoped Eric had ripped him to pieces. Part of me wanted to shred Eric to pieces if he ever did that.

This is how I would be feeling for a very long time. I would love and hate Chad at the same time, just like before only the feelings would be more intense. All because he wasn't able to complete the mark before being hauled off me and for that I was thankful. I would never be Chad's. Never.

"Eric... where is he?" I whispered. I let Cassandra keep stroking my hair. It felt soothing, I felt loved, even though we were almost at each other's throats not an hour ago.

"He had to leave," She said. Then with her authority tone, "All of you, out." It was then that I noticed who was in the room. Two guards I recognized as Cassandra's were flanking either side of the double doors. A blonde woman not so older than myself was standing at the foot of the bed with neatly folded clothing placed on her palm and of course the doctor who had just finished patching me up. They all left quickly and silently, though not before the blonde placed the clothes on the bed.

Slowly and tentatively I placed a hand over the bandage on my neck and came to a sitting position. Cassandra then stood and walked around to where the clothes lay and tapped it with her index finger. "You should change, you are after all covered in blood."

I nodded. "Where did Eric go?" I was afraid of the answer but had to ask. I watch Cassandra's face as I waited for her to tell me that he had left me for good. I was after all, the kind of woman that was always left by the men she loved.

Cassandra completely disregarded the question. "You sure know how to pick them, Svetlana. When your brother had told me that you had fallen for another man, I had no idea that man was an Alpha."

Xavier, I'm going to kill you.
"When did he tell you?" I had always known that my older brother kept in touch with our estranged grandmother but never knew I was a conversational topic at hand.

"Never mind that. This Eric of yours left due to pack duties, or so I'm told. Though it must have been very important because he seemed extremely reluctant to leave you." She replied.

I closed my eyes shut. Thank god, thank god.

Eric still loves me, and for a second that was enough to make me forget about the pulsing heat from Chad's mark.

I opened my eyes to watch Cassandra head for the door and stop before exiting. "Take a bath," she pointed to another door at the other side of the room. "Get changed and then you may see your daughter and we can talk this over."

I didn't say anything, just waited for the door to click close so I could let the silent tears fall.

***

Once showered and dressed in what appeared to be a long-sleeved black dress that fell below my knees, I went out into the hallway in search of a Castle maid to find me some shoes.

I wasn't surprised to look at the clothing on my bed and find there to be three different dresses instead of pants and a t-shirt. Cassandra - not matter what the situation was - would never allow a royal to waltz around Blake Castle with anything less than a fancy dress. I wanted to point out to her that the dress I was wearing had been folded, therefore needed ironing.